San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) April 17, 2012
CareLinx, a secure online community that empowers families to directly connect with caregivers and manage their home care online, today announced the appointment of Dr. Mary Furlong as a senior strategic advisor on the company’s advisory board. Dr. Furlong is one of the country’s foremost authorities on the baby boomer and senior marketplace. She is the CEO of Mary Furlong & Associates, producer of the annual What’s Next Boomer Business Summit, and author of Turning Silver into Gold: How to Profit in the New Boomer Marketplace.
“Baby boomers today are struggling with responsibilities that include providing or managing care for their elderly parents, grandchildren, and even adult children – all while holding down full time jobs themselves,” said Dr. Furlong. “The financial and emotional drain of caregiving can be enormous, and affordable, high quality solutions to these challenges are desperately needed to help alleviate the burden on American families. CareLinx addresses these challenges with a solution that meets family caregivers’ financial, emotional, and security concerns and an online user experience that is both easy and engaging.”
Launched in September 2011, CareLinx already has thousands of registered users across the United States. Earlier this month, the company announced that it raised $1.5 million in financing from private investors. CareLinx is positioning itself to be the prominent caregiver crowdsourcing community before the demand of the baby boomers hits the home care market. The 78 million boomers currently make up 28% of the U.S. population, and the number of Americans 65 years and older is expected to double over the next twenty years.
“We are thrilled to have Dr. Furlong advising our team,” said Sherwin Sheik, president and chief executive officer of CareLinx. “Her guidance, experience, and connections will be invaluable as we pursue our aggressive plans for growth and more families begin spreading the word of our services to their friends facing similar caregiving situations.”
CareLinx offers a secure, efficient, and affordable solution for finding and managing in-home care. The company delivers much of the security and oversight that a traditional home care agency provides, but often at less cost and with more direct interaction between the family members and the caregiver.
CareLinx provides a comprehensive in-the-cloud infrastructure for managing the entire spectrum of back office operations, and gives families access to all the tools they will need to:
- Search and find caregivers that match specific needs on multiple dimensions of compatibility
- Video conference with prospective caregivers to help streamline the interview process
- Perform background checks on prospective caregivers
- Generate and manage detailed care calendars online
- Track caregivers’ hourly time using GPS technology
- Automate invoice generation and submit electronically
- Make payment effortless with credit or debit card processing
- Pay caregivers via ACH direct deposit or physical check
- Secure communication and video conferencing with caregivers so families can remain actively involved and oversee a loved one’s care while at work or from afar
- Access personal health record repository for centralizing, sharing, & archiving health records of their loved one
- Browse Caregiver Profile Reviews submitted by other families. CareLinx’s "5 Star Review" feature holds caregivers accountable for the quality of service they provide.
“CareLinx offers the right model at the right time not only for boomers’ family caregiving needs, but for those who are seeking employment in an industry that’s guaranteed to grow as our population ages,” Dr. Furlong added. “The opportunity here for people over 50 to find jobs where they can make meaningful contributions to the lives of others cannot be underestimated. CareLinx can help broker the opportunity for those with caregiving needs as well as those looking for flexible new career options. It’s a winning solution for boomers all around.”
CareLinx is a secure online community that empowers families to directly connect with compatible caregivers and cost-effectively manage their loved ones’ home care online. We provide all the tools needed to manage care remotely and an extensive database of available caregivers families can review to find the perfect match for their loved ones’ specific needs.
For more information, visit http://www.carelinx.com.