This distinguished group of proven professionals has collectively brought to market more than 200 pharmaceutical products, including some of the largest blockbusters in the world.
Durham, NC (PRWEB) April 18, 2012
Patheon, the world’s leading global provider of contract development and manufacturing services, announced today the formation of Patheon Certified Consultants, a new consulting capability comprised of industry veterans who provide a unique service to emerging biotech and pharmaceutical companies, as well as their investors, to help address early-, mid- and late-stage CMC questions in drug development—from strategic to practical.
This distinguished group of proven professionals has collectively brought to market more than 200 pharmaceutical products, including some of the largest blockbusters in the world. The team possesses a remarkable depth and range of strategic and practical expertise that is unmatched by any other consulting service available today. Patheon’s Certified Consultants include:
- Leah Appel – 20 years development experience at Bend Research and INTERx. Co-inventor of over 35 drug delivery patents and applications.
- Brett Berner – 30 years product development experience at Depomed, Cygnus and Ciba. Ten marketed products and 30 drug delivery patents.
- Lynn Van Campen – 30 years development experience at Pfizer, Boehringer Ingelheim, Inhale/Nektar and the University of Wisconsin. Contributed to 18 marketed products.
- Joe Fix – 30 years development experience at CyDex, NanoSystems/Elan, Yamanouchi and Alza. Contributed to 24 patents including four NECs, 13 LCMs, four OTCs and three generics.
- Larry Gatlin – 25 years experience, including Genentech, Glaxo and Pfizer. Multiple patents, INDs and NDAs, over 20 publications.
- John Kent – 30 years development experience at Theravance, Syntex and Allergan. More than 20 products and CMC, IND and NDA filings.
- Bob Lipper – 30 years product development experience at Pfizer and BMS. Ushered multiple products through the R&D process.
- Doug Mendenhall – 35 years experience at Abbott, Glaxo/GSK and Merck. Contributed to 70 commercial products.
- George Mooney – 30 years development experience at Boehringer Ingelheim, Lederle and Pfizer. 100 NME, INDs, 15 NCEs, NDAs and over 30 products.
- Ann Newman – 20 years experience at BMS and SSCI/Aptuit. Contributed to eight commercial products.
- Rodney Pearlman – 30 years development experience at Eli Lilly, Genentech and Valentis. CEO of two start-ups – Saegis and Nuon.
- Mark Staples – 27 years experience with early and mid-stage companies. Contributed to the launch of three products – both biologic and small molecule.
All professionals are equipped to serve as a critical advisor or hands-on partner to organizations of any size as they make their critical decisions to transition molecules from discovery to development and scale-up. Patheon has created this program to make sure that the industry has access to world-class independent advice.
Patheon Inc. is a leading global provider of contract development and manufacturing services to the global pharmaceutical industry. The company provides the highest quality products and services to approximately 300 of the world’s leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. Patheon’s services range from preclinical development through commercial manufacturing of a full array of dosage forms including parenteral, solid, soft gel, semi-solid and liquid forms.
The company's comprehensive range of fully integrated Pharmaceutical Development Services includes pre-formulation, formulation, analytical development, clinical manufacturing, scale-up and commercialization. The company's integrated development and manufacturing network of 10 manufacturing facilities, nine development centers and one clinical trial material packaging facility across North America and Europe, enables customer products to be launched with confidence anywhere in the world.