Miami, FL (PRWEB) April 19, 2012
ASPIRA of Florida’s 31st Board Installation celebrated more than just its new board leadership team; it also installed the new President & CEO, former ASPIRA CFO, George Cabrera. The celebration took place in the historic Biltmore Hotel and the program, emceed by VP & COO, Aymet Chaples, included musical performances by ASPIRA’s kids, testimonials from former ASPIRANTES, and messages from Mr. Cabrera and Chairman of the Board, Edward Hernandez, Esq.
“ASPIRA of Florida is completely devoted to empowering underprivileged kids and creating future leaders for our community,” says George Cabrera, President & CEO of ASPIRA of Florida. “I am honored to have been selected to lead such an inspiring organization and to have the ability to work with our Board of Directors who are also wholly committed to ASPIRA’s mission.”
The new board, led by Edward Hernandez, Esq., is comprised of dedicated community leaders with diverse backgrounds and experiences. Board members include:
- Edward Hernandez, Esq. - Chairman of the Board; Falk, Waas, Hernandez, Cortina, Solomon, & Bonner, P.A. Attorneys at Law
- Isabel Rodriguez-Dehmer – Vice-Chair Program and Planning; Associate Professor, Sr. Miami Dade College.
- Luis Gonzalez Estevez – Vice-Chair Fundraising; Founder/President, C-COM Group Inc.
- Hernando Novoa – Treasurer; Vice President Branch Administrator, First Bank of Florida
- Marisol Gomez-Decena, Esq. – Secretary; Gamba & Lombana P.A.
- Dr. Victor Vazquez-Hernandez – At Large Member; Miami Dade College Senior Professor
- Dr. Maria Vallejo – At Large Member; Provost Lake Worth Campus/ Palm Beach College
- Ruth Pacheco – Local Student Advisory Council Chair; DeVry University, Group Director of Student Finance
- Remi De Lleguas – Student Advisory Council Chair; Raul Arnaldo Martinez Charter School Parent
“It is a privilege, as well as a humbling experience, to serve on a board comprised of individuals who are deeply committed to ASPIRA’s mission,” says Edward Hernandez, Esq., Chairman of the Board for ASPIRA of Florida. “Their collective skills, experiences, and vast networks will guide ASPIRA as it continues to grow, serving thousands of more students and families in our community.”
ASPIRA of Florida, Inc. is a non-profit committed to the social advancement of minority communities by empowering their youth in the pursuit of educational excellence through leadership development programs that emphasize commitment to the community.