Media strategists, content producers, investors and industry insiders will discover new ways to make content meaningful and profitable.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) April 18, 2012
GigaOM's paidContent 2012 returns to The TimesCenter in New York City on May 23 to examine the most promising opportunities at the crossroads of technology and content. Luminaries from the publishing, media and entertainment industries will discuss how their content business models have shifted. Media strategists, content producers, investors and industry insiders will gain a better understanding of the economics of content and discover new ways to make content meaningful and profitable.
Investors including John Borthwick of betaworks, Amy Banse of Comcast Ventures, Fred Wilson of Union Square Ventures, and Brian Bedol of Bedrocket Media Ventures will reveal where they are finding value in the content market, which models are ephemeral and which ones are here to stay, and what the current investing atmosphere means for digital content producers and publishers.
“We’re very excited to tap into the knowledge of such savvy investors,” said Staci D. Kramer, senior writer and editor for paidContent. “Between big exits for Instagram and Draw Something, and some of the most intense seed investing in memory, this is the perfect time to learn from some of the best investment strategists in the content business.”
The speaker lineup also features genuine innovators from publishing, media, finance and entertainment, including:
- Tomas Bella, Chief Executive Officer, Piano Media
- David Card, Vice President, Research, GigaOM Pro
- Anil Dash, Co-Founder and Partner, Activate
- Lisa Gersh, President and Chief Operations Officer, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia
- Jim Guerard, Vice President and General Manager, Professional Video & Digital Publishing, Adobe Systems
- Rob "cmdrtaco" Malda, Chief Strategist and Editor-At-Large, Washington Post, Labs Team
- James McQuivey, Vice President and Principal Analyst, Forrester Research
- Matt Mullenweg, Founding Developer and Founder, Wordpress / Automattic
- Richard Russo, bestselling author & Pulitzer Prize winner
- Liz Schimel, Executive Vice President and Chief Digital Officer, Meredith National Media Group
Now in its third year, discussion topics at paidContent 2012 include: discoverability, subscription models, e-book strategy, video payoff, mining talent and brands as competition. More details on sessions, speakers and registration are at http://paidcontent.org/event/paidcontent-2012/.
Founded in 2006, GigaOM has grown into the leading independent voice on emerging technologies and the disruption of media. The GigaOM news network’s online audience of 5.5 million monthly unique readers relies on its definitive coverage of cloud, mobile, cleantech, consumer web and media. GigaOM Events bring together the people innovating, shaping and defining the ongoing evolution of the technology industry. GigaOM Pro offers the highest quality research and analysis of emerging technology markets and the companies making a difference in those sectors.