Washington, DC (PRWEB) April 19, 2012
Atlantic Information Services is pleased to announce publication of The AIS Guide to Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans: 2012. The Guide is published independently by Atlantic Information Services and is not affiliated with or sponsored, endorsed or approved by the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association or any of the independent Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies. Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/ais-guide-blue-cross-and-blue-shield-plans for more information.
Now in its third edition, the guide contains reliable information on Blues plan products, market strategies, acquisitions and alliances, and features financial projections and hard-to-find data on executive compensation, revenues and earnings. The 12 information-packed chapters contain facts, trends and data about:
- Blues’ solutions to regulatory challenges under health care reform, including exchanges, Medicaid expansion programs, medical loss ratios and refunds.
- Blues’ innovative approaches to provider relations, such as “Most Favored Nation” clauses, provider incentives, accountable care organizations, quality contracts and patient-centered medical homes.
- Blues’ continuing development of cost-saving operational tactics, such as health improvement initiatives and collaborations, oncology management tactics, utilization of electronic health records and e-prescribing initiatives.
This unique resource is the only place to find reliable data on Blues’ history, function and structure, along with:
- BCBS trade names and marketing advantages,
- BCBS licensee requirements and association guidelines,
- BCBS plan executive compensation stats,
- Mergers, acquisitions and leadership changes, and
- A directory of Blue Cross and Blue Shield plans.
The AIS Guide to Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans: 2012 comes in two versions — a printed book, or a CD with a free copy of the print book. The CD version is packed with data and analysis not contained in the print version such as previous year data, to allow for year-over-year comparison for many enrollment and financial data points. It includes all the data in Excel spreadsheets, so users can easily create their own analyses, as well as directory contact information, and a complete user-friendly PDF version of the book for fast searching.
For more information on The AIS Guide to Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans: 2012, go to http://aishealth.com/marketplace/ais-guide-blue-cross-and-blue-shield-plans.
AIS develops highly targeted news, data and strategies for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.