Water cooler supplier Angel Springs renews corporate membership with leading hospice

Share Article

Leading water cooler supplier Angel Springs has renewed its corporate membership with Overgate Hospice in Halifax. The firm will continue to help support the charity’s efforts during the next 12 months.

Angel Springs

Angel Springs

Angel Springs is committed to helping local causes – either through corporate sponsorship or membership, donations, or by taking part in fundraisers.

Top water cooler supplier Angel Springs has renewed its corporate membership with a leading Halifax hospice.

The company was a corporate member of Overgate Hospice throughout 2011. It has now cemented its association with Overgate for 2012.

The hospice, which celebrated its 30th anniversary last year, provides palliative care for Calderdale residents with life-limiting illnesses and conditions.

Angel Springs is committed to helping local causes – either through corporate sponsorship or membership, donations, or by taking part in fundraisers. It set up the Angels in the Community scheme to support local initiatives around the UK.

Whilst Angel Springs’ head office is located in Wolverhampton, the firm is committed to supplying locally-sourced water for all its clients, no matter where they are based. This commitment has led to the firm establishing a national network of distribution centres.

Overgate Hospice is near to Angel Springs’ Halifax distribution centre – making it an obvious choice for local community engagement.

It costs around £2.3 million to run Overgate Hospice each year. The NHS contributes around 28% of that running cost, meaning the hospice relies on charity fundraisers to cover the other 72% so it can stay operational. It has a fundraising target of around £5,000 a day, every day, to continue providing care and support for patients.

Angel Springs has helped Overgate Hospice with donations for fundraising events throughout the last 12 months, providing bottled water for a 10k charity run, as well as hydration for participants in a special Midnight Walk.

John Murphy, commercial director for Angel Springs, said: “Overgate Hospice provides a vital service for the people of Calderdale – but it relies almost completely on fundraising and donations to stay operational.

“Angel Springs is delighted to renew its proud association with such a worthwhile cause, and we look forward to supporting the hospice’s fundraising efforts throughout 2012.”

For more information on Angel Springs’ charity work, or to find out about their range of bottled and mains-fed water coolers and eco boilers, visit http://www.angelsprings.com.

Angel Springs:
Angel Springs (http://www.angelsprings.com) is the longest-running water cooler company in the UK, supplying customers with fresh spring water, water cooler and water boilers for 21 years. The company employs 180 staff and is committed to working and developing successful relationships with local community groups, charities and businesses across the UK.

Overgate Hospice
Opened in 1981, Overgate Hospice, in Elland, near Halifax, provides palliative care for patients with life-limiting illnesses in the Calderdale area. It also provides a Day Hospice service, and specialist advice centre, for the local community. It costs £2.3m a year to run Overgate Hospice – the charity has to find £5,000 a day just to continue providing care for vulnerable patients.

For more information on Overgate Hospice, visit http://www.overgatehospice.org.uk.

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Angel Springs
Follow us on
Visit website