San Diego, CA (PRWEB) April 20, 2012
The media spotlight is often a double-edged sword. No one knows this better than toddlers that suffer from severe Fire Place burns. And yet, gossip and rumor-mongering aside, the real story here is being overlooked according to Sean Burke of AttorneyOne.
In March 2012, NWT Fire Marshall warned residents on the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning from fuel-fired heating appliances, including gas. Natural gas-fuelled heating appliances are not the only possible sources of carbon monoxide in a home, the Fire Marshall mentioned. In January 2011 FairWarning reported that more than 2,000 children ages five and under suffered burn injuries from fireplace glass from 1999 to 2009 based on a federal estimate. Fireplace Child Safety is important. According to the FairWarning report, published on Jan. 23rd 2012, gas fireplace makers offered a proposal to include protective screens with all of their products because of the increasing number of severely burned toddlers.
In August 2011, a suit filed in the USDC Colorado (case no. 1:11-cv-01526-RBJ-MJW) revealed that a 1-year old child, Stanton Smith, quietly drew close to the gas fireplace in his family suite and simply touched the glass front of the fireplace, resulting to second- and third-degree burns due to gas fireplace glass door defects.
AttorneyOne.com, a recognized authority on law, can provide helpful advice and simple solutions including how to get in contact with legal counsel so that, in case of Fireplace Burn, someone can easily and inexpensively deal with it. As Mr. Burke, director of Media Relations for AttorneyOne.com, added, “What all this information really illustrates is that threat of severe Fireplace Burn remains. For that reason, our focus should squarely fall on getting the word out and assisting people in finding the right legal assistance.”
According to court documents, on May 2nd 2011 a class action suit was filed in federal court in Oakland (case no. 3:11-cv-02146-EDL) contending that owners of Valor fireplaces have suffered economic loss because they will need to install safeguards on the fireplaces to prevent small children and infants from third-degree burns.
Children’s Hospital Colorado Burn Center reports that it has seen a 50% increase in burns of the hand from gas fireplace glass doors since 2006.
AttorneyOne.com has further information on gas Fireplace Burn lawsuits including how to get in contact with legal counsel.
Headquartered in San Diego, CA Attorney One was founded in 2004 and is not a law firm. They offer a nationwide legal service which helps consumers find the best representation for their legal needs. You can learn more about Fireplace Burn at our website. You can also find us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/AttorneyOne. Checkout earlier news from us at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/4/prweb9413953.htm.