Wexford, PA (PRWEB) April 23, 2012
Co-eXprise, Inc., the leading provider of enterprise sourcing solutions for discrete manufacturers, is pleased to announce that CX4 7.9 is now generally available. Focused on enabling a greater range of sourcing activities, the enhancements to the CX4 solution continue to revolutionize the way in which companies source their direct materials and indirect goods and services.
The CX4 7.9 release encompasses three main themes:
1) Compliance – A deeper, more granular control of sensitive drawings and technical data via the CX4 Compliance License Builder
2) Business process automation – An extension to the CX4 Business Process Builder to automate additional sourcing workflows
3) Performance and usability – Overall improvements across the CX4 base platform
Compliance License Builder provides unprecedented levels of control
The CX4 Export Control module has been extended with a new Compliance License Builder module. This module provides a more granular, military-grade of control for sharing manufacturing data, drawings, and technical documentation with suppliers and partners. Driven by U.S. governmental guidelines on data escapes, CX4 users can safely set and manage an external party’s interaction at the country, company, or individual level, and automatically enforce expiration dates at any time. By leveraging this functionality, CX4 users can minimize Export Compliance risk and associated governmental penalties.
Business Process Builder automates additional work processes and eliminates errors
The CX4 Business Process Builder module has been enhanced to automate key sourcing activities beyond the standard RFx processes. These activities include managing compliance requirements (e.g. Dodd-Frank), quality processes (including Corrective Action Requests and First Article Inspections), and data collection. Automatic notifications and cross-project reporting enable users to manage their processes by exception. The CX4 Business Process Builder reduces rework and errors, and enforces permissions not available in spreadsheets.
Performance and usability improvements demonstrate a focus on the user experience
- Performance improvements have been implemented across the application, including a significant reduction in processing time for many actions across the solution.
- Usability improvements have been rolled out in several key areas:
1) The CX4 Work Queue Manager is now available for all CX4 users in addition to suppliers. Users can view and take action on their open activities directly from the Work Queue Manager, available from the user dashboard.
2) Batch file downloading has been enabled in RFx events, enabling faster, easier interaction with participating suppliers.
3) Improved supplier quote import/export functionality has been introduced to allow for a more streamlined supplier experience.
Co-eXprise CX4 is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution designed for managing direct material sourcing and cost improvement initiatives across an extended enterprise of supply partners. Discrete manufacturers use CX4 to enable greater enterprise collaboration on strategic cost management activities within their global supply chains.