Many of the enhancements have been requested by customers, and we are proud of consistently offering our customer base the latest technology to enhance their library service
Oxford, UK (PRWEB UK) 24 April 2012
Softlink Europe has today released the latest version of its world leading library management systems, Version 5 Build 4 is one of the largest updates ever made to a Softlink product and the majority of changes have been based on user feedback, this incorporates over 1200 changes, enhancements and fixes that are all designed to increase administrative efficiency and improve the content management experience.
Customers can look forward to receiving the following enhancements in the latest release:
- Internal Book Review Module - Softlink’s book reviews engine will provide the capability for users to rate and review any resource within their library, making the OPAC an interactive and engaging tool for users. Helping improve engagement with your Library users.
- Quick and easy cataloguing of Multi-part sets - Saving time with cataloguing and simplifying the process.
- Z-cataloguing – Librarians are now able to search multiple sources and also multiple ISBN / ISSNs, helping locate and manage resources and increasing cataloguing efficiency.
- Alternative email field - Enabling notices to be sent to another email or user quickly and easily, improving communication with every interaction.
- Bulk email facility - this can help promote a new service you may offer or even new stock you have received.
- Support for the latest web browsers now extends to Internet Explorer 9 and Safari 5, therefore increasing compatibility on PCs, Macs and iPads.
“Many of the enhancements have been requested by customers, and we are proud of consistently offering our customer base the latest technology to enhance their library service”.
“The latest versions of both Oliver and Liberty Library Management Systems prove that we are constantly adapting to an ever changing marketplace. Our focus is on helping the users of our systems, to do their job and this latest release is an indication of the commitment we have to our customers”.
About Softlink Europe
Softlink Europe is a leading provider of Library Management Systems to the Education sector. Softlink’s world renowned systems including Oliver and Liberty have been helping Librarians for over 25 years to deliver innovative solutions to their customers. Softlink has built a reputation for excellence in the library industry over a quarter of a century through its focus on its customers - providing quality Library Management Systems, support and services.
The Oliver LMS has been built to run in schools with complete flexibility over the system and the appearance of the OPAC. As Oliver is entirely web based the system and OPAC can run from any machine with an internet connection, meaning an app for mobile devices is not necessary. In some schools the Oliver OPAC is currently being accessed through iPads by students and this approach has helped librarians engage with pupils and improve the usage of their library.
In cooperation with librarians, Softlink has developed Liberty v5 for Libraries - a solution so flexible it can align with the workflows of a wide variety of users. Liberty is truly capable of managing the most unique collections. Features facilitate the ability to integrate, index, and manage any number of resources with ease and efficiency.