My 10-Point plan includes very important changes that are geared to benefit Delaware insurance consumers immediately.
Wilmington, DE (PRWEB) April 24, 2012
Insurance Commissioner candidate Paul Gallagher announced today a 10-point plan to greatly benefit Delaware insurance consumers. Paul’s major campaign announcement comes on the heels of a recent internal poll conducted by his campaign showing that over 52 percent of Democratic voters are undecided on who should be the party’s nominee for Insurance Commissioner.
Paul Gallagher, an insurance executive and newcomer to politics, is upbeat by the poll results. He states, “With incumbent Commissioner Karen Stewart in the race, along with politicians Mitch Crane and Dennis Spivack, this is excellent news for my campaign. It is clear voters are turning away from establishment candidates. As a political newcomer and an experienced insurance professional, I represent the right alternative and much needed choice for Delaware Insurance Commissioner.” The poll also shows that incumbent Insurance Commissioner Karen Stewart has only the support of one out of five Democratic voters.
Paul Gallagher proposes a 10-Point Insurance Improvement Plan that he pledges to put into place as soon as elected. “My 10-Point plan includes very important changes that are geared to benefit Delaware insurance consumers immediately,” he says. Following is a summary of Paul’s 10-Point Insurance Improvement Plan.
1. Credit Scoring Rehabilitation Program - Protection for insured with poor credit score.
2. Individual Health Insurance - Five percent rate cap increase on individual plans.
3. Seniors Help Hotline - New office within the Consumer Affairs Division to help seniors.
4. Military/Veterans - Policy rating protection for deployed military personnel.
5. Fairness in Rating Plan - Automatic lower policy rate pursuant to policyholder eligibility.
6. Increased Oversight of Online Insurance Purchasing - Better consumer protection.
7. Universal Insurance Validation System - Insurance companies to be linked to DMV.
8. Tie-in Sales - No change in coverage or deductibles without express consent of insured.
9. Emergency Planning & Response - Response plan requirement for insurance firms.
10. Modernization of Auto insurance ID Cards - Issuance of plastic swipe-cards.
More details are available on Paul’s campaign website GallagherForCommissioner.com.
As an insurance agent, manager and owner for nearly 30 years, Paul Gallagher possesses the leadership and administrative skills necessary to oversee one of the state's most important agencies. Gallagher, 57, is a lifelong Delaware resident. He holds a bachelors degree in business administration from the University of Delaware.
Media inquiries: info(at)gallagherforcommissioner(dot)com
Campaign phone: 302.650.0003
Campaign website: GallagherForCommissioner.com