Secure data deletion based on government approved and military data security standards
Miami, FL (PRWEB) April 24, 2012
ProtectStar™ released its first version Data Shredder in 2006. Thanks to continuous implementation of customer feedback, the product has since evolved into a significantly user-friendly tool that efficiently meets users' deletions needs, deleting data with Data Shredder 3.0 is permanent, and your data cannot be reconstructed. You're in full control of your privacy.
ProtectStar™ Data Shredder 3 Professional, is a state of the art tool, that allows for secure deletion of data from hard drives and external data storage devices. It has proven to be one of the most successful and popular deletion tools available on the market today.
As file shredding is the main purpose of the program, ProtectStar™ Data Shredder 3 is equipped with 11 destruction algorithms, ranging from simple overwriting with random values to running 50 passes. Several known standards are available, such as Gutmann (35 cycles), DoD 5220.22 (7 cycles) or the German VSITR (5 cycles). Some of them are specifically designed for SSD disks.
The main features include:
- Secure data deletion based on government approved and military data security standards up to the confidential, secret, and top secret security standard levels.
- Secure wipes all data from hard drives, solid state drive, memory sticks, usb sticks, flash drives, CompactFlash, Secure Digital (SD) card, memory cards, MMC, MicroDrive, etc.
- Detailed deletion report provides evidence of deletion
- Fully integrated into the Windows Explorer context menu
- Integration of the powerful ProtectStar™ Secure Deletion Algorithm© allows for fail-safe data security
- Secure deletion of free storage space, as well as the Windows recycling bin, Internet cache, cookies, temporary system folders, etc.
- Allows for secure cutting and pasting of files and directories
- System partitions and individual system drives can be deleted securely in offline mode without a boot medium
- Compatible with Solid State Drives (SSD)
- 1-year technical support and free updates/upgrades
- Supports FAT, FAT32 and NTFS
- Supports IDE/ATA, SCSI, USB, SATA, SAS, RAID, Firewire
Thanks to intuitive navigation and helpful wizards, users can completely delete files, folders and partitions from their hard drives or external data storage devices like USB-Sticks, thus ensuring that confidential information such as personal data, bank data and passwords cannot fall into the wrong hands.
ProtectStar™ Data Shredder 3 is available at $29.90 (Standard Edition) and $39.90 Professional Edition) and $79.90 for the Military Edition. The Editions for Microsoft Windows Server starting at $199.00.
ProtectStar™, Inc. also enables Apple™ iPhone® and iPad® users to protect their data against reconstruction by intruders with “ProtectStar iShredder”.
Further details, product guides and an evaluation version is available at: http://www.protectstar.com