Livermore, CA (PRWEB) April 25, 2012
TruRoots, a leader in sustainably sourced, GMO-free whole grains and sprouted foods categories, applauds the Whole Grains Council for highlighting the benefits of sprouted grains by noting them as their whole grain of the month for April.
Sprouting grains increases many of the grains' key nutrients, including B vitamins, vitamin C, folate, fiber, and essential amino acids often lacking in grains, such as lysine. In addition to boosting nutrition by increasing vitamins and micronutrients, sprouting activates enzymes to make those nutrients more available for the body to absorb.
TruRoots takes the work out of sprouting at home – by using a process that involves germinating and carefully drying organic grains and beans – with their convenient, shelf-stable sprouted grain products for everyday meals, including:
- Accents Sprouted Quinoa Trio: medley of organic red, black, and white quinoa, sprouted to release full nutritional potential and natural enzymes with a delicious nutty flavor. Named a 2011 sofi™ Silver Award winner
- Accents Sprouted Rice Trio: exclusive ensemble of germinated brown rice, germinated red rice and quick-cooking wild rice.
- Accents Sprouted Lentil Trio: blend of organic black, brown, and green lentils, sprouted to increase nutrient availability and quicker cooking.
- Sprouted Quinoa: ancient grain staple is high in protein and quick to cook.
- Sprouted Green Lentils: captured at the moment between being a bean and a green, these fresh-tasting little rounds are miraculously quick to cook
- Germinated Brown Rice: full of highly absorptive nutrients and cooks in half the time of regular brown rice.
- Sprouted Mung Beans: Smooth, buttery texture is coupled with a rich nutritive profile for an easy way to enliven soups and stews.
- Sprouted Rice & Quinoa Blend: made with sprouted brown rice, sprouted red rice, quinoa and wild rice.
All TruRoots products can be used in a variety of ways, making them easy to incorporate into an array of healthy dishes with shorter cooking times, such as this Mediterranean Sprouted Quinoa Salad. Also, sprouted items can be eaten as raw food by simply rehydrating in warm water.
In addition to their sprouted lines, other Organic products include: Whole Grain Quinoa; Chia Seeds; Haiga Mai Rice. For more information and for easy and delicious recipe ideas, visit http://www.TruRoots.com
ABOUT TruRoots: Based in Livermore, Calif., TruRoots was founded on the idea that our connections to the sources of our foods are important. The people who grow, harvest and deliver these nutritious whole grains and sprouted foods are just as important as the final product. These ancient practices are being confirmed by science as having nutritious benefit and agricultural sustainability. It is our belief that scientific advances and ancient wisdom can be brought together into a golden middle road that leads not only to wholesome foods, but rewarding human relationships. All TruRoots products are certified by the Non-GMO Project as GMO Free.
To arrange an interview, request more information, samples or images, please contact:
Troy Tepley, Kohnstamm Communications, at 651-789-1277 / troy(at)kohnstamm.com