Kirkland, WA (PRWEB) April 24, 2012
GrapeCity today announced that ActiveReports Server, a 100% Web-based ad hoc reporting solution for business users, now supports the use of cascading parameter prompts, along with visual formulas, page headers, and page footers in reports.
Business users can now configure the available values for a filter prompt based on the value selected in another prompt during report execution. They use the same intuitive drag and drop user interface to create these multi-level parameters to work dynamically when the report is generated.
Companies who use ActiveReports Server as their embedded self-service reporting solution can now link users directly to the report designer view with a pre-configured data model, allowing users to get started more quickly with fewer steps.
ActiveReports Server already supports multi-tenant reporting for Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) deployments. It also supports Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) to grant single sign-on access to business users of the Microsoft Windows Active Directory® and other LDAP-compatible directories.
The latest ActiveReports Server release includes all 1.x features, such as:
- Cascading parameter prompts to allow dynamic, multi-level report filtering during report execution.
- Faster access to start designing reports with direct links to open the report designer with data already in place.
- Page header and footer sections to display static labels or report information on all pages of a report.
- Quick buttons to insert report information such as page numbers, report name, date, and parameter values.
- Interactive drill down within grouped data and drill through from one report to another.
- Drill-down tables that maintain their interactivity when the report is saved to Excel format.
About ActiveReports Server
ActiveReports Server is a 100% Web-based, rich, ad hoc reporting solution for business users, enabling them to easily create interactive reports. Its browser-based, ad hoc report designer and secure, scalable storage support multi-tenant self-service reporting and accelerate BI adoption much more effectively than traditional reporting tools. Learn more at http://www.activereportsserver.com.
For over 25 years, GrapeCity has provided award-winning reporting and business intelligence solutions, software services and enterprise solutions to Fortune 1000 companies in high tech, financial, healthcare, government and other vertical markets. Our focus is on providing innovative solutions that give deep business value to our customers. Learn more at http://www.grapecity.com.