Our Clear-Lead Panels are made of a unique, versatile, transparent acrylic plastic containing 30% lead by weight. For any healthcare facility with radiation shielding requirements, Clear-Lead is a much safer alternative to lead glass.
(PRWEB) April 27, 2012
Biodex Medical Systems, Inc. is pleased to announce the availability of our New Clear-Lead™ Panels. Clear Lead is the shatter resistant choice when a large undistorted radiation protection window is necessary. Safe to work with, the panel can easily be cut with commonly used tools and fit to standard lead-lined window frames.
Peter Wojcik, Product Sales Manager for the Biodex Radiation Protection Division explains, “Our Clear-Lead Panels are made of a unique, versatile, transparent acrylic plastic containing 30% lead by weight. For any healthcare facility with radiation shielding requirements, Clear-Lead is a much safer alternative to lead glass.”
Biodex Clear-Lead Panels are offered in six different thicknesses; the amount of lead equivalent radiation protection is relative to the thickness:
8 mm (0.3 mm LE)
12 mm, (0.5 mm LE)
22 mm (1.0 mm LE)
35 mm, (1.5 mm LE)
18 mm (0.8 mm LE)
46 mm (2.0 mm LE)
- Safe, durable, shatter resistant
- Effective radiation protection, 30% lead by weight, with superb light transmission
- Easy and safe to handle, cut and fabricate
- The clear choice over lead glass
- Radiation protection with an unobstructed view
- Ease of handling eliminates high construction costs
- Biodex stocks the most popular sizes and thicknesses
- Also available in custom sizes, with custom fabrications and in additional thicknesses of 18 mm (0.8 mm LE) and 46 mm (2.0 mm LE)
To learn more about Biodex Clear Lead Panels, contact Biodex directly at 1 800-224-6339 (Int’l 631-924-9000), visit our website, http://www.biodex.com/panels, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Biodex Medical Systems
Biodex Medical Systems, Inc. manufactures and distributes medical devices and related replacement parts for physical and nuclear medicine, and medical imaging applications. It also provides concussion management as well as fall screening and conditioning programs. Biodex has been providing customers with innovative products and service excellence for over 60 years.
Director, Marketing Communications
Biodex Medical Systems, Inc.
20 Ramsey Road
Shirley, NY 11967
631-924-9000 , ext. 2281