(PRWEB UK) 25 April 2012
Tesco Compare is delighted to announce that it has teamed up with lovemoney.com to help customers compare personal money products including credit cards, loans, current accounts and savings accounts.
lovemoney.com is a leading player in the money comparison market. The partnership shows Tesco Compare’s commitment to delivering value for money, as well as providing customers with a new and easy approach to search and compare money products.
The new arrangement means customers are able to access the latest rates and offers available, through the use of market-leading comparison tools and extensive market coverage.
Vikki Macleod, Director of Tesco Compare, said: “This move demonstrates our commitment to provide our customers with an independent and comprehensive price comparison service. Customers can quickly compare well-known brands based on criteria such as rates, features and benefits. lovemoney.com is well recognised and respected in the industry and we look forward to working closely with them.”
Saul Devine, Company Director at lovemoney.com added: “We’re delighted to be working in partnership with such a well-known and trusted brand as Tesco. We’re looking forward to helping Tesco’s customers improve their finances by providing them with best tools and latest deals in the market through the new Tesco Compare website.”
Tesco Compare will introduce customers to a comparison of money products based on key features and requirements.
lovemoney.com offers industry knowledge and whole of market price comparison for credit cards, giving customers access to product offerings based on 0% interest credit cards, balance transfer deals, and cashback offers among many others.
The loans comparison service enables customers to compare personal loans from well-known competitive high street names, as well as comparing social and car finance loans based on the amount and term.
Current and Savings Accounts
The current accounts comparison service provides options to compare current accounts based on best sellers, overdraft accounts, high interest accounts, as well as student accounts. The savings account service gives customers the opportunity to compare savings accounts for market leading interest rates and to find an account with terms that fit their needs. This includes comparison of instant access savings, fixed term bonds and social savings accounts.
Vikki Macleod added: “Ultimately the new partnership will help customers search money products based on their personal financial situation. The improvement marks an exciting new chapter for Tesco Compare which will, in turn, help customers to search across an improved choice of products to find a deal suited to their needs.”
For media enquiries please contact:
Gemma Whitton, Tesco Compare, 0131 203 5516 gemma(dot)whitton(at)tescobank(dot)com
Notes to editors:
Tesco Personal Finance Compare Limited (trading as Tesco Compare) is part of the Tesco Personal Finance Group Limited, the financial services arm of the UK’s number one supermarket chain, which is fully owned by the Tesco Group. Tesco Personal Finance Compare Limited, registered in Scotland No.318925. Interpoint Building, 22 Haymarket Yards, Edinburgh EH12 5BH. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
The Financial Services Authority does not regulate loans, credit cards, telecoms or utilities.
Tesco Compare’s comparison service for Credit cards, Loans, Current Accounts and Savings Accounts is provided by lovemoney.com. The lovemoney.com website is operated by lovemoney.com limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company registration number: 07406028 and having its registered office at 2nd Floor 112 – 116 Old Street, London EC1V 9BG. Credit cards and loans available to over 18s only, subject to status. Loan rates depend on circumstances and loan amount. UK residents only.
- Tesco Compare is a comparison site, based in the UK. Since our launch in 2007, our business activities have extended to facilitate the introduction of a wide range of comparison services.
- Our own principal comparison services are for car and home insurance to which we compare 70 and 33 providers respectively.
- Products compared by third party suppliers include: Money (credit cards, loans, mortgages, current accounts and savings accounts). Insurance (business, life, van, motorbike, travel and health). Utilities (broadband, mobile broadband, home phone, digital TV and gas & electricity). We also provide customers with links to pet and breakdown insurance providers.
- Our aim is to introduce customers to fair prices and deals from a range of leading brands.
- We believe that comparison sites should be about more than just the lowest price so our comprehensive comparison service helps you search and compare a wide range of products and providers by feature as well as price.