“IceWarp is riding the software consumerization trend, making corporate messaging as reliable and easy to use as popular personal technology”
Springfield, Virginia (PRWEB) April 25, 2012
IceWarp Server Version 10.4 delivers easy migration from Microsoft Exchange and gateway-level anti-spam protection. IceWarp, the global messaging and collaborations solutions provider, has announced today the release of IceWarp Server Version 10.4 that for the first time fully integrates corporate e-mail applications with popular social media platforms and gives organizations qualitatively new capabilities to handle extremely heavy e-mail traffic. The new version’s updated Desktop Client allows users to communicate with their Facebook, Skype and Gmail contacts from one secure console. In addition to robust Web Client, the solution provides seamless integration with Microsoft Outlook, making it a viable alternative to Microsoft Exchange.
“IceWarp is riding the software consumerization trend, making corporate messaging as reliable and easy to use as popular personal technology,” says Ladislav Goc, IceWarp President. “But we are not forgetting the basics: the product’s consecutive versions can consistently handle higher e-mail traffic with more speed and reliability. IceWarp’s ISP clients worldwide are especially appreciative of this capability. This approach allowed us to register rapid and steady global growth, despite uncertain economic environments. In 2011, hundreds of organizations of all sizes, across numerous industries successfully adopted our solutions.”
IceWarp Server Version 10.4 new features include:
- Full Facebook /Integration. The option makes it possible to chat with Facebook contacts through IceWarp Desktop Client or IceWarp WebClient with full avatar support
- Gmail Contact Synchronization. New IceWarp Desktop Client allows users to synchronize their contacts from their Gmail account
- Significantly faster Web Client that can support thousands of clients without impact to speed and reliability
- Complete Skype Support. The upgraded Desktop Client allows users to receive Skype emails and instant messages, plus manage contacts and calendars in one client
- Account Migration from MS Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail and Thunderbird. Offers seamless migration from these popular messaging applications to the IceWarp Desktop Client with just a few clicks. New To-Do sidebar provides additional ‘Outlook experience,’ allowing users to quickly access their daily schedule
- Tablet-Optimized Interface. The Basic interface has been reworked for tablets and optimized for touch interaction. Adds support for SmartAttach, event recurrence, reminders, blacklists, whitelists, tasks, files and more. Lists can be paged by swiping the screen to the left and right, rotating the screen will rebuild the interface, hiding/showing less used navigation options.
- Support for Google Maps v3. All installations now have Google maps available by default and integrated with Address fields of contacts. The solution supports Street view, mouse wheel zoom, multiline address suggestion and offers complete maps usage
- New anti-spam filter with gateway mode option that eliminates the need for additional costly anti-spam and antivirus solutions like Barracuda
- Better Resource Management offers enhanced permissions for organizers to make this task even easier. There is also an improved view featuring a calendar for quick access to scheduling availability, and a vCard that appears in the GAL for the server containing all resource details
- New SIP Server Enhancements. For customers looking for a full-featured unified communications experience, IceWarp Server 10.4 brings a completely reworked and more feature rich Interactive Voice Response, call queues that behave as “active” extensions with the need for a dial plan, and a host of improvements aimed at better compatibility with SIP-based clients and closed VoIP systems
“More organizations, especially in the SMB space, now consider IceWarp as a practical alternative to well-established products such as Microsoft Exchange,” continues Mr. Goc. “They are attracted by ease of maintenance, reliability and reduced ownership cost. As new customers migrate to IceWarp from these platforms, we want to make their transition as easy as possible, and the IceWarp Exchange Migrator allows for this. Companies can move all of their critical data with zero downtime or interruption of their daily routine.”
IceWarp Messaging Server 10.4 is has received two purchase options with the pricing a customer can get upfront:
- IceWarp Mail Server - includes main features, such as the core email, WebClient Basic, Kaspersky anti-virus, and dual-layered anti-spam featuring Anti-Spam LIVE. This basic product is built on the same powerful IceWarp platform as its enterprise solution and can be easily upgraded to its full-fledged functionality.
- IceWarp Messaging Server Enterprise - includes all product’s features in a customizable package.
“For most organizations, the new product and the new buying options help eliminate the guesswork that brings a lot of uncertainties into the buying decisions,” says John Cooper, Director of North America Sales at IceWarp. “Now companies, especially in the SMB space, can rapidly do their analysis, review options and immediately select the scenario that fits their unique needs.”
Already recognized as a leading email solutions provider and a viable Microsoft Exchange alternative, IceWarp (formerly Merak Mail Server) is deployed in more than 20,000 organizations and supports over 50 million users worldwide. The company disrupts the messaging category by delivering all email, mobile synchronization, SMS, chat, voice and video capabilities in one integrated, extremely secure and easy-to-deploy solution. Its customers include such market leaders as Marriott International, Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc., Russian Space Agency, as well as small to midsized firms.
The company is also offering LiveWebAssist, a multilingual business chat that allows companies to better monetize website traffic by interacting live with website visitors, from any location, through any device – desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet.
For more information, please visit IceWarp (http://www.icewarp.com) or follow us on Twitter (@icewarp).
IceWarp is an emerging provider of comprehensive messaging solutions for every business class, size and niche. Building upon a decade of enterprise e-mail platforms experience, IceWarp offers organizations an all-in-one highly secure solution that enables their mobile workforce to communicate through any platform, be it e-mail, mobile synchronization, chat, SMS, voice or video. The highly scalable product can easily be used by organizations of all sizes, from SMBs to large corporations, delivering ease of deployment, exceptional reliability and scalability. IceWarp’s solutions are available in over 40 countries through a comprehensive network of distributors.