With 700+ executives in attendance, including representatives from more than 75 healthcare systems, the dialogue will be stimulating and the connections highly meaningful.
Washington, DC (PRWEB) April 27, 2012
The Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) has announced the general session line-up for the 2012 Medical Office Building & Healthcare Facilities Conference, May 2-4, 2012. BOMA’s conference program focuses squarely on the most pressing issues facing the healthcare real estate industry and includes ample opportunity for participants to network and spend time in the tradeshow. Lillibridge, a Ventas Company, is the presenting sponsor.
“If you are involved in healthcare real estate, this high-level meeting is an important annual industry check-up you can’t afford to miss. Considering the uncertainty with healthcare reform, continued capital constraints, the changing profile of medical tenancies and healthcare delivery models, hearing from the key players and taking part in the discussion at BOMA’s Medical Office Building & Healthcare Facilities Conference is a prerequisite for today’s healthcare real estate and hospital executives,” says Drew Cressman, conference co-chair and Vice President, Asset Management, HCP, Inc. Conference Co-Chair, Gordon Soderlund, Senior Vice President, Director—Business Development, Lend Lease, adds, “With 700+ executives in attendance, including representatives from more than 75 healthcare systems, the dialogue will be stimulating and the connections highly meaningful.”
The conference opens on Wednesday, May 5 with a plenary session by the American Cancer Society’s Chief Medical Officer Otis Brawley, M.D. who will discuss his provocative new book "How We Do Harm." The co-sponsors for this session are Griffin-American Healthcare REIT II and Arnall Golden Gregory LLP.
Four general sessions are also scheduled:
“Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) and Alternative Delivery Models,” sponsored by Arnall Golden Gregory LLP, which happens on Thursday, May 3, features:
- Arthur Gianelli, President & CEO, NuHealth
- Jack Reed, President & CEO, ProHealth Physicians
- Rick Matros, Chairman and CEO, Sabra Health Care REIT
- Dan Styf, Vice President, Regional and Marketing Strategy, Kaiser Permanente
- Laca Wong Hammond, Head of Healthcare Real Estate Investment Banking, Raymond James | Morgan Keegan (moderator)
Also on Thursday is “Resuscitating Underutilized Real Estate. Panelists include:
- Dane Peterson, COO, Emory University Hospital, Midtown
- Cynthia Hayward, AIA, ACHA, FAAHC, Managing Principal, Hayward & Associates, LLC
- Rick Hassold, Assistant Vice President for Real Estate Services, Crozer Keystone Health System
- David Park, Senior Vice President—Real Estate and Construction, Novant Health
- Steven Kaye, Partner, Arnall Golden Gregory, LLP (moderator)
The first of two general sessions on Friday, May 4, is “Diagnosing Healthcare Capital Demands and Sources,“ which is sponsored by USAA Real Estate Company. Speakers include:
- Janice Burnett, Director, Chief Financial Officer, Bon Secours Health System, Inc.
- Beverly Erickson, Vice President—Asset Management, Trinity Health
- Kevin Holloran, Director, Standard & Poor’s
- Jonathan Winer, Executive Vice President, Seavest Healthcare Properties (moderator)
The closing general session “Chaos or Transformation?: Healthcare Trends 2012” is sponsored by Hammond Hanlon Camp, LLC. Panelists are:
- Jim Burkhart, CEO, Shands Healthcare
- Jim Doty, Senior Principal, Thomson Reuters Physician Strategies & Services Group
- Brett M. Hickman, Partner, Pricewaterhouse Coopers, LLP
- Gordon Soderlund, Senior Vice President, Director—Business Development, Lend Lease (moderator)
BOMA International’s Medical Office Building & Healthcare Facilities Conference also includes 16 sessions in four tracks: Provider Strategies, Capital Markets, Leasing and Management, and Compliance. Review the schedule.
Plus, for the first time, there will be a special town hall discussion: “Perfecting the Blend: Ingredients of Successful Mergers and Acquisitions.” Speakers include:
- Raymond J. Lewis, President, Ventas; Todd W. Lillibridge, President and CEO of Lillibridge
- Vincent M. Cozzi, Executive Vice President, and Chief Investment Officer of Lillibridge and SVP, Medical Property Operations, Ventas
- Matthew Johnson, Managing Director, Morgan Stanley, Investment Banking Division (moderator)
About BOMA International
The Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International is an international federation of more than 100 local associations and affiliated organizations. Founded in 1907, its 16,500-plus members own or manage more than nine billion square feet of commercial properties. BOMA International’s mission is to enhance the human, intellectual and physical assets of the commercial real estate industry through advocacy, education, research, standards and information.