Last year companies were testing the iPad and learning how to use the tablet in a business environment. This year they are deploying the iPad en masse.
New York, New York (PRWEB) April 30, 2012
MightyMeeting, a NY-based technology start-up and a recognized innovator in mobile collaboration and sales enablement, today launched a major update of its award-winning application for the iOS platform. The application is used by executives, entrepreneurs, sales people, and marketing professionals at thousands of companies around the world to deliver engaging multimedia presentations in face-to-face and online meetings directly from their iPhones and iPads.
The update includes the following improvements:
- Support for images, documents, and spreadsheets in addition to presentations and demo videos. Users can now manage, share, and present an entire set of sales collateral materials from their smartphones and tablets.
- Support for nearcast meetings. Up to 16 iPhones and iPads can be quickly connected in a peer-to-peer network and used to share presentations, demo videos, product brochures and other materials. Nearcast meetings work over Bluetooth or Wi-Fi and can be used to share content even when there is no connection to the Internet.
- Support for voice conferencing in broadcast meetings with attendees joining remotely from any part of the world. Voice conferencing is performed over Wi-Fi, which results in no additional long distance or data usage fees.
- Support for team meetings where attendees can take turns presenting content from their iPhones or iPads. This works great as a mechanism to share news and updates in regular status meetings with a mix of people attending locally and remotely.
- The list of Favorite files maintained on an iPhone or iPad and used to quickly find popular files and save files locally on the device for offline access and use in nearcast meetings when the device is not connected to the Internet.
The new features position MightyMeeting as an ideal tool for real-time content sharing and reaffirm the company thought and product leadership in mobile collaboration and sales enablement.
“Last year companies were testing the iPad and learning how to use the tablet in a business environment. This year they are deploying the iPad en masse,” said Dmitri Tcherevik, the founder and CEO of MightyMeeting Inc. “We’ve been working closely with our customers in telco, pharma, financial services, and education to create a unique solution that turns each and every iPad into a powerful business tool that can be used to create new business opportunities and generate revenue”.
The update is available immediately at no cost to all existing and new MightyMeeting subscribers. Download it from iTunes today. Learn more by visiting http://www.mightymeeting.com.