We’re excited to re-launch Astro Pops® at Dylan’s. We think Dylan’s is the perfect first retailer to receive the Astro Pops given their visibility among candy retailers and their unbridled support of our launch in the last year of the Giant Astro Pop®.
Newport Beach, CA (PRWEB) May 08, 2012
Leaf Brands LLC announces that the iconic candy rocket Astro Pops® will re-launch at Dylan’s Candy Bar on Saturday, June 16th at their flagship store in New York City. Astro Pops® were already known as the longest lasting lollipop on earth when the previous manufacturer, Spangler Candy, discontinued the product line in 2004.
Dylan's Candy Bar, a chain of boutique candy shops with locations in New York City, East Hampton and Houston and owed by Dylan Lauren, daughter of fashion designer Ralph Lauren, has become a famous destination for tourists and locals alike in the city, and has also been featured in television and movies based in New York.
According to Leaf Brands CEO Ellia Kassoff, “We’re excited to re-launch Astro Pops® at Dylan’s. We think Dylan’s is the perfect first retailer to receive the Astro Pops given their visibility among candy retailers and their unbridled support of our launch in the last year of the Giant Astro Pop®.”
Dylan’s will sell the larger 1.5 oz. Specialty/Candy Store Edition Astro Pop®, with a suggested retail price of $2.49. The larger pop will only be available in specialty and candy stores. Later in the year, the original 1 oz. size pop will be available through larger drug and supermarket chains at a suggested retail price of $1.89.
As part of the launch festivities, the first 100 people at Dylan’s will receive a free 1.5 oz. size Astro Pops® and Astro Pops® gift. There will also be raffles and contests throughout the day, with giveaways of the fun Astro Pops® apparel and baseball caps.
Leaf Brands has also produced other Astro Pops® products to help generate excitement behind this loved candy brand. In addition to the re-launch of Astro Pops® in its three original flavors of passion fruit, cherry, and pineapple, the other products that expand the Astro Pops® franchise include:
- Astro Pop Asteroids® - A NEW take on the classic favorite! The classic Astro Pops® rocket pop blasted into tiny, bite-sized pieces!
- Astro Pops® Sodas are available in the three original flavors of the iconic lollipop: Pineapple, Passion Fruit and Cherry. The real fun is mixing all three flavors together, creating your own Astro Pop®! Suggested retail price is $1.99 for a 12 oz. bottle and is currently available at RocketFizz stores and other retailers throughout the country.
- Giant Astro Pop® - The classic Astro Pop rocket lollipop in its three flavors: passion fruit, cherry and pineapple, in a GIANT, 2 lb. version. Suggested Retail Price is $45.00.
- Astro Pops® T-Shirts – Fun, Astro Pops® T-shirts are also available in 5 different styles. Suggested retail price is $19.99.
- Astro Pops® Baseball Caps – Fun, Astro Pops® T-shirts are also available in 5 different styles. Suggested retail price is $19.99.
Leaf Brands is exhibiting at the 2012 Sweets & Snacks Expo in Chicago from May 7-10, and taking orders for Astro Pops® at that time.
About Leaf Brands®, LLC: The original LEAF Brands® were started in the 1920's. LEAF Brands, once the fourth largest candy producer in North America, produced candy classics such as Whoppers®, Jolly Rancher® and Rain Blo Bubblegum®, which were later sold to Hershey Chocolate & Confectionary Corporation in the late 1990's. Family members have acquired the LEAF brand name for the US, and assembled together to revive the Leaf name and its famous image. Products include Astro Pops®, Yummers!®, Farts Candy® and David’s Signature Beyond Gourmet® products.