We are thrilled to bring Speech with Milo to Android.
San Ramon, CA (PRWEB) May 03, 2012
Speech with Milo apps have reached almost 100,000 downloads on the iPad and iPhone. Now, owners of Android devices will have the capability to use this amazing app to build language skills in their children. The apps are currently available on the Kindle Fire and Nook, with plans to release on all other Android products. The Speech with Milo team is thrilled to bring this incredible app for Speech Therapy to the Kindle and Nook.
Created by a licensed Speech-Language Pathologist, Speech with Milo: Verbs offers a versatile and entertaining speech therapy tool for children. The app is for speech therapists working with children or parents who want to teach language skills to their children. Milo offers an enjoyable tool that is used in therapy at an affordable price.
“We call it App Therapy”, says Poorani Doonan, owner of Doonan Speech Therapy and creator of Speech with Milo. “It is a simple, yet effective therapy tool to have in your bag of tricks for therapists. And parents will love it because it is educational and entertaining.”
Speech with Milo: Verbs is centered on an adorable and energetic mouse named Milo. Milo performs various actions, which provide an engaging way to build up an action word vocabulary. Flash cards are typically used for this type of exercise, but the animation that comes with Milo will keep any child focused and attentive. And most important- it is fun!
The app comes with two sets of instructions- one for speech therapists and one for parents. “The instructions are an extremely important part of the tool”, explains Mrs. Doonan, “they are critical to getting the most of the app.”
Speech with Milo is intended for:
- Typically developing children ages 1-3.
- Children with Autism/Asperger Syndrome.
- Children with Down Syndrome.
- Children with developmental delays.
- Children with cognitive delays.
- Children with other speech and language delays.
Speech with Milo: Verbs At-A-Glance
- Fun and affordable.
- Animated mouse keeps children interested and motivated to learn.
- Instructions provided for speech therapists and parents.
- Verb is spoken as the action is completed to reinforce action with auditory input (option to turn this feature off).
- Written verb is displayed at the bottom of the screen to reinforce reading skills.
- Phrase button allows child to listen to a sentence using the verb.
- Child gets to take a break to watch Milo dance. Feed Milo some cheese and watch him dance as a reward for the child’s hard work.
- Customizable list of actions that Milo performs. On List of Actions from the Home Page, you can do the following: random order, alphabetical order, or select your own custom set of verbs to work on by touching the word(s) in list of actions to activate/deactivate blue button.
- Background music can be turned off if it is too distracting for the child.