Homeowners in the London have an incredible opportunity to turn the sudden desirability of their homes into something truly special - and they are figuring out just how much holiday they can get for their home!
Brighton, UK (PRWEB) May 01, 2012
In a move that turns the idea of money-hungry home-owners on its head, thousands of ticketless Brits are registering on house exchange sites to negotiate cost-effective global getaways during the games, rather than renting out and cashing in.
Premium home swap holiday site LoveHomeSwap.com has seen a 500% increase in sign-ups from the capital and, with 20% of all swap requests globally being for the Olympic period, Londoners are getting the pick of properties worldwide.
Research reveals that UK home swapping holidays are set to double in 2012 to a total of 3.2 million trips, over 860,000 of them to addresses in London.
For Londoners looking to leave town for the Olympics, the US is the most popular destination. The feeling appears to be mutual as London’s landmarks are currently proving more popular than ever with Americans.
The most lusted-after London property on the site is in Notting Hill. The family who owns it has seen a 50% increase in requests to stay, with offers to swap with owners in Mexico, France and San Diego. Other key London ‘swap-spots’ include Queen’s Park in the West and Victoria Park in the East. Properties in salubrious parts of town – such the Chelsea townhouse and stunning South Kensington maisonette pictured – would normally be rented for $12,000-$14,000 a week, so offer huge savings to swappers.
The top three reasons cited by Love Home Swap Londoners hoping to exchange their home for the period are:
1. To escape the crowds,
2. To take advantage of their sought-after location to negotiate a truly exotic swap, and
3. To enjoy a budget break for the whole family in a tough economic climate.
Debbie Wosskow, the founder of Love Home Swap and a keen swapper, sees this as a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for London homeowners to really benefit from their proximity to the Olympic site. She said: “Homeowners in the capital have an incredible opportunity to turn the sudden desirability of their homes into something truly special. Olympics demand means properties across the city are more valuable than ever before and Londoners are figuring out just how much holiday they can get for their home!”
Swappers can make the most of Love Home Swap’s social media tools – including a Facebook Connect feature, a fully transactional Love Home Swap Facebook app and dedicated Trust Centre – to get to know their exchange partners, give each other ‘local’s tips’ and connect with other users of the service.
Notes to editors
- Research was conducted by One Poll 25-26 October 2011 among 1000 nationally representative respondents across the UK.
- An initial trial costs £1 for 4 weeks and then £99 for standard annual membership thereafter, £199 for the luxe option including concierge service
About Love Home Swap
- Love Home Swap is a stylish home exchange for vacations service founded by UK entrepreneur Debbie Wosskow.
- Thousands of properties are listed on the site in more than 80 countries. Whether it’s a home exchange in Italy, Iceland or Indonesia – or dozens of other destinations in between – sign up to Love Home Swap for just $1 for a four week trial membership.