Yorba Linda, CA (PRWEB) May 16, 2012
BioConference Live, the world's largest producer of online-only conferences, is bringing together the clinical diagnostics community at its 3rd Annual Clinical Diagnostics Virtual Conference, that kicks off Wednesday May 23rd at 10:00 AM Eastern Standard Time. The conference will continue for two days through Thursday May 24th at 10:00 PM Eastern Standard Time. This is a Continuing Education program accredited by the AACC ACCENT, so attendees can earn free CE Credits.
BioConference Live features live in studio, video keynote presentations where attendees can have their questions answered by presenters in real time. The event features a virtual exhibit hall and a networking lounge to interact with world renowned experts and colleagues. BioConference Live is conveniently held online for free, and is easily accessed from any computer, making it time efficient and cost effective to attend.
Participants will be able to:
- Search and attend session(s) of their choice
- Have their questions answered in real-time by experts via live videos
- Receive Free Continuing Education Credits accredited by the AACC ACCENT
- Chat live with peers and speakers
- Browse a virtual exhibit floor for solution providers
BioConference Live will bring together clinicians, doctors, medical experts, lab directors and professionals from around the world to learn about recent advances in clinical diagnostics. The topics of the 2012 conference consist of Infectious Disease, Oncology, Vitamin D, Cardiology, Nutrition, Laboratory Testing, Clinical Chemistry, Molecular Diagnostics, Diabetes, Point of Care, Allergy, Hematology, and much more.
- Michael Dugan, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Roche Molecular Diagnostics
- Marc Redman, MBA, Vice President - Chemistry & Immunoassays, Diagnostics Division, Siemens Healthcare
- Daniel Perlman, MD, MBA, Infectious Disease Specialist, Principal, Health Perls LTD
- Warner Huh, MD, FACOG, FACS, Professor of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Alabama School of Medicine
- Robert Hamilton, PhD, DABMLI, Professor of Medicine and Pathology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Director, Johns Hopkins Dermatology, Allergy and Clinical Immunology Reference Laboratory
- Bruce Hanna, PhD, Clinical Professor of Pathology and Microbiology, NYU School of Medicine
- Hubert Vesper, PhD, Chief of CDC Protein Biomarker Lab, Division of Laboratory Sciences, National Center for Environment, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Seth Martin, MD, Cardiology Fellow, Division of Cardiology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Shilla Patel, OD, CIC, Clinical Epidemiologist, Scripps Mercy Hospital
- James Westgard, PhD, FACB, Co-founder and Principal in Westgard QC, Inc., Emeritus Professor in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at the University of Wisconsin Medical School
- Michael Miller MD, FACC, FAHA, Director, Center for Preventive Cardiology, Professor of Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Paul Billings, MD, PhD, Chief Medical Officer, Life Technologies
- Cynthia Bowman, MD, Anatomic and Clinical Pathologist, Currently Chair of CAP POCT Committee
- Howard Weintraub, MD, Clinical Director of Center for the Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease, Clinical Associate Professor, New York University
- Joseph Coresh, MD, PhD, Professor, Director, Cardiovascular Epidemiology & Comstock Center, Johns Hopkins University, Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Paul Epner, MEd, MBA, Director, The Society to Improve Diagnosis in Medicine, Principal, Paul Epner LLC
- Denise Heaney, PhD, Molecular Clinical Specialist, Roche Diagnostics
- Franco Folli, MD, PhD, Professor of Medicine, Division of Diabetes, UT Health Science Center at San Antonio
- George Fritsma, MS, MT (ASCP), Teacher and Lab Practitioner, Fritsma Factor, Precision BioLogic, Associate Professor, Department of Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Wieslaw Furmaga, MD, Associate Professor, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Pathology, Interim Medical Director, Molecular Reference Laboratory, Pathology
- Eric Gluck, MD, JD, Director of Critical Care Services, Swedish Covenant Hospital
- William Grant, PhD, Director, Sunlight, Nutrition and Health Research Center (SUNARC)
- David Grenache, PhD, Medical Director, Special Chemistry Laboratory, Associate Professor of Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine, ARUP Laboratories
- Neil Binkley, MD, Associate Professor, Department of Medicine, Associate Director, Institute on Aging Co-Director, Osteoporosis Clinical Center & Research Program, University of Wisconsin
- John Osiecki, PhD, Manager, Medical and Scientific Affairs, Roche Diagnostics
- Michael Holick, MD, PhD, Professor of Medicine, Physiology and Biophysics, Director of the General Clinical Research Center, Director of the Vitamin D, Skin and Bone Research Laboratory, Director, Biologic Effects of Light Research Center, Boston University Medical Center
- Brian Jackson, MD, Associate Professor of Pathology (Clinical), Medical Director of Informatics, ARUP Laboratories, University of Utah, Department of Pathology
- Steven Jones, MD, Director, Inpatient Cardiology, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Cardiology, Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Allan Laurence Kennedy, MD, FRCP, Department Chair, Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Cleveland Clinic
- Gerald Kost, MD, PhD, MS, FACB, Professor, Director of Clinical Chemistry , Director, POCT•CTR, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, Director and PI, Point-of-care technologies Center, National institute of biomedical imaging and bioengineering, NIH
- Matthew Krasowski, MD, PhD, Vice Chair of Clinical Affairs, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Department of Pathology
- Michael Laposata, MD, PhD, Director, Division of Laboratory Medicine and Clinical Laboratories, Edward and Nancy Fody Professor, Vanderbilt University
- Kent Balanis Lewandrowski, MD, Pathologist, Associate Chief for Clinical Services, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Randie Little, PhD, Associate Professor, Diabetes Diagnostic Laboratory, Dept. of Pathology & Anatomical Science, University of Missouri School of Medicine
- Hans Loyda, PhD, Director, Clinical Development and Education, Roche Diagnostics
- Gwendolyn McMillin, PhD, Associate Professor (Clinical), University of Utah Pathology, Medical Director, Associated Regional , Clinical Drug Abuse Testing, Medical Director, ARUP Laboratories, Trace Elements, Co-Medical Director, ARUP Laboratories, Pharmacogenomics
- Pieter Muntendam, MD, Executive Vice President, Chief Medical Officer, BG Medicine, Inc.
- James Nichols, PhD, Medical Director, Clinical Chemistry, Baystate Health, Professor of Pathology, Tufts University Scho, Tufts University School of Medicine, Baystate Health
- Liron Pantanowitz, MD, Director of the Pathology Informatics Fellowship Program, Director of the FNA Clinic, Assistant Director of Cytology in the Division of Cytology at UPMC-Shadyside, Associate Professor, Pathology & Biomedical Informatics, U of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Pathology Informatics
- Ellinor Peerschke, PhD, FAHA, Vice Chair, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Christopher Price, PhD, Visiting Professor in Clinical Biochemistry, University of Oxford
- Andrea Rose, PhD, MBA, Senior Clinical Support Consultant, Clinical Support, Roche Diagnostics
- Kevin Rosenblatt, MD, PhD, Associate Professor, Center for Proteomics and Systems Biology, The Brown Foundation Institute of Molecular Medicine for the Prevention of Human Diseases, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth)
- Erkki Ruoslahti, MD, PhD, Distinguished Professor, University of California, Santa Barbara, Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute (at UCSB), Cancer Research Center, Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute, La Jolla
- Mark Shirtliff, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Microbial Pathogenesis, Dental School, Associate Professor, Dept. of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Wilson Tang, MD, Staff Cardiologist and Research Director, Sydell and Arnold Miller Family Heart & Vascular Institute, Associate Professor of Medicine, Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University, Director, Cardiomyopathy Program, Cleveland Clinic
- Yi-Wei Tang, MD, PhD, F(AAM), FIDSA, Chief of the Clinical Microbiology Service, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Peter Toth, MD, PhD, Director of Preventative Cardiology, CGH Medical Center, Professor of Clinical Family and Community Medicine, University of Illinois College of Medicine
- Greg Yap, MBA, Senior Vice President & Lifecycle Leader, Advanced Staining Assays, Ventana Medical Systems, a member of the Roche Group
- David Zhang, MD, MPH, PhD, Professor Pathology, Professor Oncological Sciences, Associate Professor Preventive Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital
A complete list of speakers and agenda is available at BioConferenceLive.com. To register to attend for free, visit BioConferenceLive.com.
To learn more about presenting, contact Abstracts(at)BioConferenceLive(dot)com or call (714) 269-2986.
To sponsor BioConference Live, contact Sponsors(at)BioConferenceLive(dot)com or call (714) 926-6384.
LabRoots is a leading social networking website designed to network the scientific and medical community based on individual scientific experience, discipline, and aptitude. LabRoots is relevant for all science verticals including those within the fields of Life Sciences, Medicine, Earth & Space Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Engineering and Computer Science.
BioConference Live are trademarks of LabRoots, Inc. All other trademarks or service marks are property of their respective owners.