We’ve known that document previewing and technology has become more important than ever, and so we’ve spent the past few years developing the world’s most advanced web-based document viewing and collaboration technology for Microsoft Office and PDF files,
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) May 01, 2012
Crocodoc today announced the immediate availability of the world’s first enterprise-grade HTML5 document embedding service for Microsoft Office and PDF files, which is being used by a bevy of new customers including Dropbox, LinkedIn, Yammer, and SAP. The service offers a secure, scalable, and customizable way for companies to embed high-quality documents in their web-based products, which their end-users can view on any web browser or mobile device -- all while making it incredibly easy for developers to integrate into their applications.
With more and more web and mobile applications replacing traditional desktop software -- from file syncing to enterprise collaboration to online learning -- allowing users to view and collaborate on documents from their web browsers and mobile devices has remained an elusive challenge. Prior to Crocodoc, users were forced to download large files, leave their web browsers, and open documents using desktop software they may or may not have installed. With Crocodoc, end-users can seamlessly view and collaborate on documents directly from within their favorite web applications like Dropbox and Yammer.
Top Consumer and Business Brands Choose Crocodoc
Crocodoc’s new enterprise-grade viewer is the first of its kind to offer high-quality document embedding capabilities trusted by top brands including Dropbox, LinkedIn, Yammer, and SAP. Here’s how they are using Crocodoc:
● Dropbox: As part of their goal to enable simple, fast sharing of any type of file, Dropbox uses Crocodoc’s HTML5 document viewing solution to allow their users to view documents instantly in their web browsers and mobile devices without having to download large files or use desktop software to view them.
● LinkedIn: As part of a major update to its flagship LinkedIn Recruiter product, Crocodoc enables recruiters to upload candidates’ resumes in Word and PDF format. Recruiters can then view candidates’ resumes alongside their LinkedIn profiles without having to download files and open them using desktop software – creating a seamless end-to-end user experience.
● Yammer: As part of Yammer’s vision to make collaboration within the enterprise as seamless as possible, Yammer uses Crocodoc to allow its users to preview and mark up documents from within the browser. Yammer is the leading provider in enterprise social networking with over five million corporate users across 200,000 companies (including 85 percent of the Fortune 500).
● SAP: SAP is intending to use Crocodoc in an upcoming version of Spotlight, an internally developed web-based application allowing sales and marketing teams in the field to access a repository of SAP’s key presentations and marketing assets. Because many customer presentations occur on the go and off-site, Crocodoc enables PowerPoint and other documents easily viewable on iPads and other mobile devices.
“We needed a solution to power a fast, high quality document viewing experience that could scale for our growing user base and meet the high standards our users have come to expect,” said Ivan Kirigin, Product Manager at Dropbox. “Crocodoc was the only solution that met our requirements and they worked closely with us to provide the best custom integration possible.”
Crocodoc’s new service has been specifically designed to meet the rigorous demands of the world’s top consumer and business web applications with:
● Fast, crystal-clear rendering: Documents viewed in Crocodoc display instantly and look just like the originals. Pure HTML5 and CSS3 rendering means that text always looks sharp, and viewing is fast and responsive.
● Advanced security and flexible deployment options: Crocodoc offers 256-bit document encryption, on-premise storage options, and multiple deployment options including SaaS and private cloud.
● Fully customizable look and feel: Customers can make Crocodoc’s viewer look like it was built just for their applications by customizing every aspect of its appearance and behavior.
● Documents look great on mobile devices: Crocodoc's viewer utilizes a special-touch UI and works on iOS4+ and Android 2.2+.
● Built-in commenting and markup tools: End-users can effortlessly collaborate on documents using Crocodoc's built-in commenting, highlighting, and drawing tools.
“With the proliferation of devices in the enterprise and the workforce becoming more mobile, it’s critical for companies to build web applications that provide similar functionality as desktop apps,” says Ryan Damico, Crocodoc’s founder and CEO. “We’ve known that document previewing and technology has become more important than ever, and so we’ve spent the past few years developing the world’s most advanced web-based document viewing and collaboration technology for Microsoft Office and PDF files, built on open standards like HTML5 and CSS3.”
Pricing and Availability Crocodoc’s latest product is available immediately at crocodoc.com. The service is priced starting at pennies per document converted to HTML5, with discounts available for high-volume customers. Customers interested in additional features such as white-labeling, on-premise storage integrations, and private cloud deployments may contact Crocodoc for a quote at http://crocodoc.com/get-started. Crocodoc’s original document-sharing service for individuals, Crocodoc Personal, is available free of charge at http://personal.crocodoc.com.
Crocodoc’s goal is to free users from antiquated desktop software and empower the world’s top companies to adopt cloud-based document workflows. Whether viewing a document, adding comments to a presentation, highlighting an e-textbook or filling out a form, Crocodoc makes it easy for companies to create amazing experiences for their users using technology that is secure, scalable, and trusted by top brands in the consumer and enterprise space. Each month users view millions of documents with Crocodoc, whose customers include top brands such as Dropbox, Yammer, LinkedIn, SAP, and Edmodo. The company is based in San Francisco and is funded by Y Combinator, SV Angel, and top Silicon Valley investors including Dave McClure, Joshua Schachter, Paul Buchheit, and Steve Chen. For more information, visit Crocodoc’s web site at http://www.crocodoc.com.
Crocodoc is a registered trademark of Crocodoc. All other brand names and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.