We often find that customers have mis-sold PPI policies they didn’t even realise they had
London, United Kingdom (PRWEB UK) 2 May 2012
PPI Claimline is suggesting that victims of the payment protection insurance (PPI) mis-selling scandal consider the benefits of using a reputable claims company.
PPI Claimline’s Customer Services Director, Emma Kafton, said: “We would suggest that consumers consider the potential benefits of allowing a reputable claims handler to process their claim.
“We are fully behind any consumers who choose to claim back PPI themselves, but that avenue is not for everyone. Many people feel that they are too busy to handle a claim themselves, or unsure if they’re even entitled to make a PPI claim; others are concerned about trusting and communicating with the institution which took their money in the first place.”
Kafton argues that a reputable claims firm like PPI Claimline can offer a number of services which consumers may feel would be difficult and time-consuming for them to handle themselves.
“Our claims service is provided by consumer champion National Accident Helpline, which has been providing access to justice for nearly 20 years,” she said. “With our team of dedicated claims handlers, our company is one that can be trusted.
“We work hard to gather the necessary loan documents, even if the customer hasn’t kept hold of them. One major benefit of this process is that we often find that customers have mis-sold PPI policies they didn’t even realise they had.”
Kafton freely acknowledges, however, the problems associated with less scrupulous claims management firms. “We would second the opinion that there are unscrupulous claims management companies out there who charge hidden fees for their work,” she said.
“For example, we know that certain companies charge consumers a fee on the money they will save in the future because they will no longer have to pay for PPI. This is in contrast to PPI Claimline; our fee is based solely upon the cash compensation received.
“Underhand methods can mean that customers can even end up paying out more than they receive in compensation, and there is definitely an argument for such practices to be regulated.”
Emma Kafton describes some of the services offered by PPI Claimline:
- We write a letter of complaint to the bank, setting out clearly why the customer has been mis-sold PPI
- Even if your lender is no longer trading, we’ll work to get your money back through the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)
- We’ll chase the banks to make sure you get your cash as soon as possible, and we’ll push to get you the maximum refund possible
- If a lender fails to settle a case then we will complete all the paperwork necessary to take your claim to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS)
- You won’t be charged unless your claim is successful, and the charge is a flat rate at 25 per cent of your payout, with no hidden costs