Spend quality time with Dad at one of North America’s premier inns with these specially-designed man-getaways
Marshall, Mich. (PRWEB) May 01, 2012
Father’s Day gifts needn’t be relegated to neck ties and “World’s Best Dad” coffee mugs. This Father’s Day, spend quality time with Dad at one of North America’s premier inns with these specially-designed man-getaways.
1. Gourmet dads will be in foodie heaven when they book the Gourmet Getaway Package at the Beaconsfield Inn, a Victoria, British Columbia lodging experience steeped in the local slow food movement. Arrive to a gourmet gift basket in your luxury room. For Father’s Day dinner, use an included $100 gift certificate to savor the menus at one Beaconsfield’s five partner restaurants in Victoria. Top the night off back in your room with a bottle of fine B.C. wine. Wake up in the morning to a gourmet breakfast for two, all included in the package. Bon appetit.
2. Truism: dads like sports and beer. The Inn at Cooperstown, just a few blocks from the Baseball Hall of Fame, has partnered with nearby Ommegang Brewery to host a two-night beer lover’s getaway package, dubbed the Bed & Brew. Hop-up Father’s Day with a craft beer tasting with an Ommegang brewer at the inn, then stroll to the Hall of Fame. Jump on a shuttle bus the next day and get a VIP tour of the brewery. Baseball and beer enthusiasts will be in heaven.
3. Civil War buffs with a killer golf swing will fit right in at the Fairview Inn. Dad will get a true taste of the Old South while staying in this 18-room Jackson, Mississippi inn (although it’s more like a mansion), listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It’s a short jaunt from several Civil War hotspots. And it just so happens that innkeeper Peter Sharp is a USGA 11 Handicap golfer. He challenges all guests to play against him at one of two nearby golf courses. If Dad beats him, Sharp pays for the round of golf and lunch. Head to Fairview Inn’s website to view everything included in the package.
4. In a state where “Vacationland” is written on every license plate, Kennebunkport, Maine stands out as one of the premier coastal destinations. The Captain Jefferds Inn offers a year-round package for beer-lovers. For just a $25 add-on fee ($40 for couples), you’ll get a tour of nearby Kennebunkport Brewery, a beer sampler, a free appetizer from the on-site pub and a gift bag of beery items. The Captain Jefferds, built in 1804 for a sea captain, is a half block away from the Kennebunk River, where Dad can charter a traditional gaff-rigged schooner and venture out into the Atlantic.
5. Give the gift of “WEEEEE!” this Father’s Day with a Vermont adventure skydiving package. Dad can leap from a plane 13,500 feet in the air during his stay at Forty Putney Road in Brattleboro, Vermont, where the innkeeper, Doug, is also a professional skydiver. Once back on solid ground, sip on Vermont craft beers in Forty Putney Road’s downstairs pub. The “Go Ahead and Jump” package, created in a partnership with nearby Jumptown, can be added to any room stay.
Can’t decide on a package just yet? Grab a Father’s Day gift certificate from Select Registry, and let Dad pick out a package from one of hundreds of Select Registry member inns.
ABOUT SELECT REGISTRY
Select Registry™ Distinguished Inns of North America represents nearly 350 of the finest country inns, luxury B&Bs, and unique small hotels across North America — the very best the industry has to offer. Established more than 40 years ago, Select Registry sets the standard for excellence with the longest continuously running inspection program in the B&B industry.
Inns applying for membership receive rigorous periodic inspections as do existing member inns. Independent inspectors with years of hospitality experience arrive anonymously, spend the night and evaluate the inn. No other online directory or organization of innkeepers has a comparable inspection program, establishing Select Registry as the benchmark for quality. Each member property is unique and showcased in the Select Registry Guidebook. With more than 400,000 copies available as gifts to guests, the guidebook is the largest publication of its kind in the travel industry. For more information, visit http://www.selectregistry.com.