“Businesses can now leverage the power of social media to create profitable relationships,” Dan Forootan, president of StreamSend Email Marketing.
Sacramento, California (PRWEB) May 07, 2012
StreamSend, a leading email marketing service provider and creator of the social marketing tool suite StreamSend Share, has named the three steps to successfully guide businesses in creating social marketing campaigns that add new social “fans” and build relationships with existing fans.
“Businesses can now leverage the power of social media to create profitable relationships,” said Dan Forootan, president of StreamSend Email Marketing. “Each campaign creates a series of social contact points where customers can like or share the message, and send that message further into the social network to find more customers. Just how far it travels depends on the content value and how well the social campaign is executed. Here are the three important steps that clients report make the biggest difference for them.”
1. Craft the Message
- What’s the point? Don’t take the first step until you know the destination: sales, page traffic; audience perception?
- Know the audience, starting with their email address and opt-in status. Learn their preferences through two-way communications and analytics, then learn more by experimenting so you can further personalize.
- Building a valued relationship depends on sending the right message at the right time to email and social audiences, based on customers’ wants and needs.
- The best campaigns go light on sales, heavy on value -- and the call to action is more like a way to keep the conversation going. Keep content light, fun and engaging and it will get shared.
2. Deliver with Impact
- Let the nature of the message help determine which channels are most appropriate. Businesses can use email to automatically share campaigns and messages to Facebook fans, Twitter followers, Linked-In connections, Google+ and email subscribers -- not to mention fan pages and blog embeds
- Keep it simple with email-social templates to avoid reinventing the wheel each campaign, while easily producing Facebook landing pages, creating engagement and delivering messages with professional-looking “Like” pages.
- Viewers respond more enthusiastically and are more likely to share your messages with video. Email + video can show benefits instead of telling about them.
- An imperative for email +video: have the ability to engage viewers directly from the email, rather than leaving the email to follow a link where it will play. This key feature will reveal all of their behavior for future message fine-tuning.
3. Make Measurement Count
- Success can’t be measured without an established way to get metrics. Measurement can’t succeed without set benchmarks. It’s the starting line and the finish line of each campaign.
- Reporting will show how campaigns drive page visits, shares, new Facebook fans and email subscribers so that it can all be tracked and the campaign success exactly measured to fine-tune future campaigns.
StreamSend offers an easy-to-use, affordable and reliable email marketing service designed to help businesses maximize the reach of their marketing budget when sending an email newsletter or using Social Media. StreamSend offers a number of industry-leading standard pricing plans, private-label and affiliate programs and hands-on personal client service. Started in 1998, StreamSend is a leader in Email Marketing.