We now have a single, integrated content platform that spans cloud, mobile and on-premise use cases for any size enterprise, along with a proven track-record of successfully servicing the world’s largest companies.
London (PRWEB) May 03, 2012
Alfresco, the cloud connected content platform, announced another record year of growth, adding 536 new enterprise customers and 71 employees in 2011. Alfresco now has over 2,300 enterprise customers globally. Over 6.6 million people use Alfresco Enterprise, Cloud, Mobile and Community to manage over 3.3 billion documents. Alfresco grew subscription bookings by 45% over the previous fiscal year and continues to sustain high levels of customer satisfaction as its renewal rate approaches 90% over the last two years. Alfresco is now the largest open source content management company in the world.
“In 2011, we were able to successfully enhance our revenue growth rate while aggressively adding new mobile and cloud product offerings due to the demands of the new connected workforce,” said John Powell, CEO of Alfresco. “We now have a single, integrated content platform that spans cloud, mobile and on-premise use cases for any size enterprise, along with a proven track-record of successfully servicing the world’s largest companies.”
Alfresco grew its global workforce by 70%, added 69 channel partners and established sales presences in Japan and India, in response to the rising global popularity of the platform. The Alfresco platform is now in use in over 182 countries and the company has done business in over 75 countries.
Among the hundreds of new customers Alfresco added in the past year are the New York Philharmonic, The King Center, Manpower, Marriott International, Net-A-Porter, Key Energy, Red Hat, Mecalux, Veolia, Wellcome Trust and UK Power Networks.
This year Alfresco unveiled its Cloud Connected Content platform:
- Alfresco Enterprise 4 – the most significant platform release to-date, delivering an intuitive, HTML5-enabled interface for social content collaboration; enhanced mobile access to enable enterprise tablet adoption and seamless integrations with business productivity tools
- Alfresco in the Cloud – a full, multi-tenant SaaS version of Alfresco in the cloud, free to get started for document management and collaboration, accessible from any device
- Alfresco Mobile for iPad & iPhone – the leading document management mobile app, compatible with both Alfresco Enterprise and Alfresco in the cloud; open source so that companies and partners can customize the app for their use cases
- First-ever app-to-app integration to Quickoffice HD – enables users to open documents directly from Alfresco into Quickoffice to make edits; save-back functionality
Following the recent release of Alfresco in the Cloud, Alfresco continues to enable a new approach to content management and improved productivity that equips people with the right tools needed to address the needs of today’s mobile, social and global workforce.
Additional launch highlights this year include:
- New Add+Ons marketplace for Alfresco add-ons
- New Jive Connector for Alfresco
- Integration of new Activiti workflow engine into the Alfresco platform
- New global certification programs for Engineers & Administrators
Alfresco is how great businesses share, organize and protect their content. Alfresco’s community includes thousands of customers, partners and developers in 182 countries across the globe.
Founded in 2005, Alfresco is headquartered in London, with US headquarters in Atlanta.
For more information about Alfresco please visit: http://www.alfresco.com.