Giving educators opportunities to connect in online communities like Know New Ideas has been promoted by the U.S. Department of Education and has been touted as a key driver for digital transformations at the classroom, school and district levels.
Cincinnati, Ohio (PRWEB) May 03, 2012
Knovation, the leader in advanced, personalized learning solutions, today announced the launch of its new online “connected learning” community, Know New Ideas (http://www.KnowNewIdeas.com). A hub for professional learning support, education discussions and thought leadership, Know New Ideas is an online resource for educators who want to connect and learn with peers and other professionals who are interested in advancing the delivery of personalized learning and digital transformation at the classroom, school and district levels.
Stocked with original content and aggregated material, Know New Ideas is an interactive communication vehicle that provides an efficient method for viewing, commenting on, collaborating and sharing ideas and information with colleagues. Members of the online community can:
- Get inspiration from blogs and postings by regular educator contributors and other members.
- Participate in webinars and events about education, innovation and technology.
- Access product information and best practices from Knovation customers to help maximize the impact of powerful digital resources and tools in the classroom.
- Create a professional digital profile space, including blogs, photos and information integrated with Facebook and Twitter.
- Post discussions and questions where other educators in the community can react or respond.
- Gain more visibility, awareness and responses by tweeting or posting comments outside of the community.
- Invite others to join the conversation and share their wisdom.
- Build a powerful Personal Learning Network with other educators around the country.
- Access Knovation’s team of expert educators.
- Add apps from the social networking partners to foster more productivity, more information and more fun.
- Have the opportunity to provide input on Knovation’s product and service offerings through education research opportunities.
“Giving educators opportunities to connect in online communities like Know New Ideas is a concept that has been promoted by the U.S. Department of Education and has been touted as a key driver for digital transformations at the classroom, school and district levels,” said Joe Grieshop, president of Knovation. “With Know New Ideas, we are fostering this trend and creating new opportunities for educators to participate in this community-based, social experience as a direct extension of the professional learning and education transformation tools that we currently deliver through our netTrekker and icurio solutions.”
Membership to Know New Ideas is free. After pre-launching to Knovation’s current customer base, the online community has already attracted more than 2,000 members. Know New Ideas has six regular contributors from Knovation’s experienced team including Lynn Ochs, director of professional learning; Steve Nordmark, chief academic officer; Dawn Crawford, manager of social and education based marketing; Duane Crowe, curriculum content manager; Kathy Frye, curriculum content manager and Melissa Knollman, marketing coordinator. For more information or to access Know New Ideas, visit http://www.KnowNewIdeas.com.
For more information about Knovation, please visit http://www.knovationlearning.com.
Based in Cincinnati, Ohio, Knovation is dedicated to transforming education from a one-way, one-size-fits-all approach to a learner-centered approach that minimizes environmental, emotional, functional and stylistic learning barriers and is customized to the unique needs of every learner. A mission-driven group of academic, technology and business professionals passionate about making a difference in the lives of learners and those that make learning possible, Knovation delivers standards-based, personalized, digital content solutions that empower learners to unlock their curiosity and potential. The Knovation product portfolio includes icurio, the flagship digital curriculum content solution for personalized learning, netTrekker Search, the company’s legacy educational search product and igotta, the personalized student workspace solution developed in partnership with Zeus Learning. Knovation also provides digital transformation services including consultation, planning and professional learning around the transition from print to digital within a classroom. Founded in 1999, Knovation’s legacy platform, netTrekker Search, is widely recognized as the leading standards-based educational search tool and currently serves millions of students in thousands of K-12 public and private schools across U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico. The vision of Knovation is to ‘Ignite the hope of knowing by reducing the barriers to learning.’