Scottsdale, AZ (PRWEB) May 03, 2012
In honor of Cinco de Mayo, SheKnows.com recently published a colorful and festive piñata cookie recipe that quickly went viral. It’s the recipe that has everyone talking: in just one week, the photo gallery snagged over 1 million page views, it saw more than 36,000 Facebook likes, 181 pins, 1,115 Tweets and was featured by the likes of Good Morning America, Gawker, Fox News, Babble and many more. Pee-wee Herman even got in on the fun with his April 26th tweet of the recipe.
These multi-striped, burro piñata sugar cookies come complete with hollow centers that you can fill with a secret stash of your favorite candies. Break open or bite into these festive treats and be greeted with a sugary surprise. SheKnows has put together a step by step recipe and accompanying video to make these family friendly, crowd pleasing cookies http://www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/958083/cinco-de-mayo-pinata-cookies.
Considered the unofficial start of summer, Cinco de Mayo sets the tone for months of uniquely warm-weather sips, dips, and treats. In preparation for the entire summer season, including Cinco de Mayo and beyond, SheKnows.com has spiced up its pages with a number of recipes everyone will want to dish on.
Below is a list of some of the best-loved, and most festive summer recipes courtesy of SheKnows.com:
- Sweet and Salty Watermelon and Feta Salad Watermelon is considered one of summer’s gems: it’s a sweet and crunchy thirst-quencher and a natural source of vitamin C, vitamin A and lycopene. This recipe is a fast, easy and delicious way to take advantage of watermelon all season long.
- Gazpacho This chilled soup makes great use of ripe summer tomatoes, fresh veggies, and favorite garnishes. SheKnows.com curated four different versions of this recipe that range from traditional to zesty.
- Guacamole An indisputable summer time staple, fresh guacamole is packed with nutrition and is incredibly easy to make. SheKnows.com found some of the best tips for restaurant-quality guacamole that can be enjoyed as a dip or a spread.
- Avocado Stuffed Crab Cakes Nothing says summer like a delicious crab cake. The addition of avocado to this recipe makes it a home run.
- Margaritas Whether blended or on the rocks, Margaritas are one of summer’s favorite indulgences. Traditional Margaritas are so 2011; this summer it’s all about grapefruit, cantaloupe and papaya.
- Taco Cupcakes Mini foodies (especially if they’re not so adventurous) are usually left to choose between hot dogs and hamburgers at summer cook outs. This year, SheKnows.com knows that big and little fingers will be reaching for taco cupcakes all season long.
These recipes are great for summer food-related features and like the wildly popular piñata cookie, are a fun twist on delicious classics. They can all be found at SheKnows.com by following the links included in the descriptions and are all tried-and-true crowd pleasers.
Getting to the heart of what it really means to be a woman, SheKnows (http://www.sheknows.com) attracts more than 55 million unique visitors (Google Analytics, April 2011). With editors dedicated to providing daily content for women seeking advice, information and a fresh, fun take on life, the site is among the most authoritative and comprehensive sources for women ages 18 to 54. SheKnows boasts a stimulating, well‐rounded online experience enhanced with a vibrant message board community and captivating blogs in addition to free games.
As one of the fastest-growing destinations on the web, SheKnows is recognized among the top 3 properties for women. Recently honored by Forbes as one of the Top 100 Websites for Women and one of the Top 10 Lifestyle Sites for women, as well as for the second year in a row SheKnows won the OMMA Award for Web Excellence in 2011 and has been named the No. 1 site for Family, Parenting and Women’s Interests. For advertisers, sponsorship opportunities and creative integration go well beyond the banner and make marketing messages an uninterrupted part of the user experience. The company is based in Los Angeles with offices in New York, Scottsdale and Chicago. SheKnows is part of AtomicOnline (http://www.atomiconline.com), Evolve Media Corp.’s publishing unit.