Chicago (PRWEB) May 07, 2012
Online news service Newser (http://www.newser.com) announced today that it has partnered with Nokia to release a new app for Windows Phone. The Newser app is available for free download now from Windows Phone Marketplace (http://bit.ly/HOB5qS).
Patrick Spain, CEO of Newser, said, “Our users who have Windows Phones were eager for a convenient way to view our content on their new devices. Thanks to our partnership with Nokia, we developed and released a Windows Phone app quickly.”
Nokia Director of Global Partner & Application Development Mark Fletcher, said, “We’re glad to bring great partners like Newser to our Nokia Lumia Windows Phone customers. Newser’s high-design editorial presentation provides great summaries of the day’s top stories which are ideal for mobile users.”
“Windows Phone is backed by a rich developer ecosystem that continues to create a variety of quality apps and games that take advantage of the phone’s unique features and design,” said Todd Brix, senior director, Windows Phone Marketplace, Microsoft Corp. “Newser is a great example of the rich applications users will find on Windows Phone Marketplace to help them get the most out of their phones.”
The Newser Windows Phone app includes unique features currently unavailable on Newser’s other platforms:
- Breaking news: a panel in the main panoramic view dedicated to breaking news and an optional mechanism for displaying toast (pop-up) notifications any time a breaking story is posted.
- Superlatives: an option to vote for stories that are “most brilliant” or “most intriguing” with classifications appearing on a dedicated panel. In addition, users can pin those panels to their start pages for quick and easy access.
Other features include:
- Graphical quick view of current headlines
- Alternate views of the news (by date, popularity, section, importance, etc.)
- Media galleries, including pinch and zoom of images
- Live Tile updates on the phone’s start screen that show the number of new stories, most recent stories and breaking news.
- Social sharing of stories via Facebook, Twitter and email.
- Easy tools for commenting on stories.
About Newser, LLC
Newser, LLC (http://www.newser.com), an online news service, uses proprietary technology to locate the most important and interesting news from among the thousands of stories breaking each day. Newser’s writers and editors then write and publish short, pithy stories in a smart, efficient and entertaining graphic format.