“The importance of energy-efficiency is something we’ve been hearing from the market and our channel partners, and we’ve responded in full," said James Hsieh, ATEN CEO.
Las Vegas, NV (PRWEB) May 08, 2012
ATEN today announced here at Interop Las Vegas the availability of a new product line of green solutions, which consists of PDUs (power distribution units), eco sensors and lightweight LCD consoles. ATEN’s suite of green products addresses the power consumption and excessive heat dissipation challenges of data centers by increasing energy efficiency and managing environmental factors. ATEN’s green solutions product suite includes NRGence™, a line of eco PDUs and eco Sensors, and the CL3000N, an industry-first, lightweight LCD console that serves as the front-end console for compatible KVM switches. Interop Las Vegas 2012 is being held from May 6-10 at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.
ATEN NRGence provides instant, real-time power management control and energy-saving efficiency by enabling IT managers to easily upgrade current IT resources quickly and cost effectively. With the use of dynamic Rack Cooling Index (RCI) and Return Temperature Index (RTI) by zone, eco Sensors software, in conjunction with sensor-enabled eco PDUs, gives IT managers the means to assess, diagnose and estimate how and where energy can be saved.
Expending only 72.9 BTUs an hour and 21.4 watts, the eco-friendly CL3000N is far more energy-efficient than its competitors, saving up to 55 percent in power consumption. The CL3000N utilizes LED backlighting for its LCD flat panel instead of the cold cathode (CCFL) technology used in other LCD displays. LED backlighting is responsible for the CL3000N’s distinguishing features, including a thinner panel (and, consequently, lighter weight), lower energy consumption and more efficient heat dissipation.
“Over the years, eco-friendly evolved from a novelty to a business necessity,” said James Hsieh, ATEN CEO. “The importance of energy-efficiency is something we’ve been hearing from the market and our channel partners, and we’ve responded in full, offering a range of products that helps their customers maximize energy throughput, lower costs and protect the integrity of expensive hardware.”
Key features of NRGence include:
- "Lock n Plug" design – Lock server plugs onto eco PDUs to secure power connection; prevents power plug from dropping off and enhances the security of usage.
- Analysis – Trend power capacity and temperature peaks in order to reduce power consumption by 30 percent.
- Trend charts – Display in real-time or according to day, month, season or year, improving the allocation of power resources.
- Environment management – Real-time and continuous Rack Cooling Index (RCI) and Return Temperature Index (RTI) data.
- User friendly interface – With the GUI of eco Sensors management software, IT administrators can easily configure the air conditioner status and prevent overheating and overcooling.
The following are the CL3000N’s key features and specifications:
- Integrated LCD console featuring a 19” monitor in a Slideaway™ housing
- Green power – LED-backlit LCD monitor saves energy
- Lightweight design for easier installation
- Dual Interface – supports computers with PS/2 or USB keyboards and mice
- Extra console port – manage computers from an external console (monitor, USB or PS/2 keyboard and mouse)
- Lightweight design: 8.41 kg/18.54 lbs
- Low power consumption: 120V, 21.4W / 230V, 22.7W
Interop ® drives the adoption of technology, providing knowledge and insight to help IT and corporate decision-makers achieve business success. Part of UBM TechWeb's family of global brands, Interop is the leading business technology event series. Through in-depth educational programs, workshops, real-world demonstrations and live technology implementations in its unique InteropNet program, Interop provides the forum for the most powerful innovations and solutions the industry has to offer. Interop Las Vegas is the flagship event held each spring, with Interop New York held each fall, with annual international events in Mumbai and Tokyo, all produced by UBM TechWeb and partners. For more information about these events, visit http://www.interop.com.
ATEN is a leading manufacturer of KVM (keyboard/video/mouse) switches in addition to remote management, LCD consoles, video and data connectivity solutions. The company’s product line supports a range of data center, desktop and digital signage environments serving enterprise, government, SME and SOHO customers. ATEN has offices in California and New Jersey as well as Taiwan, Belgium, Korea, Japan, China and United Kingdom. For more information, contact ATEN at (888) 999-ATEN or 949-428-1111, via the Web at http://www.aten-usa.com, http://www.aten-usa.com/blog, Twitter or Facebook.
© Copyright ATEN 2012. All rights reserved.
ATEN, Altusen, are trademarks or registered trademarks of ATEN International Co., Ltd.
Other product or company names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners. Note to Editors: When referring to ATEN, please print in all caps. Certain products announced by ATEN International (ATEN’s corporate parent) may not be available for purchase in the U.S. Please contact above agency representative to confirm.