Understand your electricity bill and make savings
Manchester UK (PRWEB UK) 11 May 2012
Energy bills can be exceptionally difficult to understand and read. Trying to find specific information from a bill can be a minefield. Clients should not feel overwhelmed of confused by the terms or jargon used. Love Energy Savings of Bolton, UK offer advice on how to get the exact information a customer needs in order to help them understand how much they are paying and discover savings which could be made from their bill. Love Energy Savings are experts in sourcing customer’s cheap gas and cheap electricity and their service is free. Love Energy Savings provide free impartial advice and services to the whole of the UK.
A standard energy bill for home energy or business energy bill will show:-
- The contact details a customer will need to get in touch with their energy supplier should they wish or need to.
- Typically there will be a customer reference number or account number at the top or on the front of the bill. This number is unique and is the number the customer will be identified by should they contact their supplier.
- The date of when the bill was issued
- The bill period shows the customer the dates that the energy bill relates to.
- This is the date and amount of the last payment made from the customer to the energy supplier.
- This final amount (overall cost ) of the energy ( gas and electricity) you've used in this period before VAT is added.
- The standard amount of VAT of 5% (and not the usual 15%) will be added to the bill here.
- This is the final total of the bill. This figure is the amount you need to pay the energy supplier you receive your energy from.
- Normally any other additional information that a supplier wishes to share or the customer will frequently appear on the front of the bill.
- Most electricity suppliers show their electricity supply number in a box however this may be a in a small font so be aware to look carefully should you need it.
- This number is your meter point reference number, which you will need if you choose to switch your gas or electricity plan with Love Energy Savings. In the technical world of energy suppliers this number is sometimes referred to as an MPRN. The number is typically between 6 and 10 digits long.
- The customer will usually have a plan name which typically will be shown on the bill – If this name is not displayed it may be worth customer ringing their gas or electricity supplier to find out why and clarify the plan which the customer is on.
- A detailed breakdown of the energy the customer has used will be shown on the bill. The usage is provided, including the kilowatt hours (kWh) used, the cost per kilowatt hour and the latest meter readings. The bill will also show the customer if the meter readings are estimated or actual and the dates the readings were taken or estimated.
- A contact number will be provided on the bill for customers who have specific requirements such as large print or bills in braille.
- A payment slip will be on or with the bill for customers who chose to pay their bill at the bank or by post.
The bill summary should show:-
The bill summary shows the client the total of your last bill, how much was paid since the last bill, the charges the client incurred for the period of time including any discounts the client is applicable for. The bill will also show any account adjustments.
The summary will also show the customer the overall amount of debit or credit that their account is in. This will only be for information only for Direct Debit customer. The summary will also show the date the bill should be paid by.
Details may also be show of how long each style of payment will take for the payment to be received and shown on their billing system for example - Payment by debit card can take between 0-3 days (depending on the day of the week you pay), Post Office 3-5 days, through the post 7-10 days, telephone or PC banking 3 days, at the bank or building society 7 days.
Many electricity suppliers supply bills through the post or online. Paperless services are becoming more and more common. In order to make savings in your home or on your business energy bills its important you have a good understanding of what you are paying and can provide the correct information to the people who can help you create savings. Love Energy Savings help customers every day make savings. Every client that switches with Love energy saving saves money.
Love energy Savings are experts are helping people save money in their homes and businesses. On average Love Energy Savings help save each SME £1050 per year on their business electricity and gas . Love Energy Savings offer free advice on reducing customer’s energy bills and pride themselves in sourcing client’s cheap gas and cheap electricity.
Love Energy Savings also help their clients’ save on business gas, electricity, phone and insurance. They have been doing that for countless customers nationwide, since 2007. They are experts in the field of saving their clients’ money on business electricity and gas. They run through the process from end to end with their clients meaning that the transition is seamless and allow their clients to sit back, relax and let the professionals take care of their business energy switch. Love energy Savings also provide an easy online switch for domestic customers to save on their home energy bills.
For more information please visit http://www.loveenergysavings.co.uk or to speak to an advisor call 08000932791.
For more information or details about any of the terms or what any of the phrases mean within this article please, check our energy glossary for full details.