Dallas, TX (PRWEB) May 11, 2012
Mother's Day is right around the corner, and now is the time to decide on that perfect gift for mom. According to the National Research Federation’s (NRF) 2012 Mother’s Day consumer spending survey, total sales for this Mother’s Day are expected to reach $18.6 billion. Additionally, the NRF survey shows that 25.6% of shoppers will buy their gifts online because it provides them an opportunity to comparison shop to find the best deal possible on a gift mom will really love. Despite ongoing economic concerns, consumers still want to spend big on mom this year, and they plan to use online tool to find the best deal on the perfect gift.
The goal of a Mother’s Day gift is to find a unique and personal way to show mom how much she is loved and appreciated. Here are a few tips and gift ideas from the experts at DealTaker.com to help shoppers save:
- Two-thirds of Americans will purchase flowers for Mother’s Day, and buying online allows consumers to choose from almost any type and color of flower available. Online merchants such as 1-800-Flowers, ProFlowers, and FTD offer a tremendous selection of arrangements and great deals so anyone can find just the right flower.
- According to the NRF survey, over 50% of people celebrating Mother’s Day will treat mom to a special meal. Visit Restaurants.com to help save on gift certificates, or skip the crowds this year and purchase a gourmet dinner from Omaha Steaks, LobsterGram or Legal Seafood to create a special dining experience at home.
- Sweets are not just for Valentine’s Day. Mother’s Day provides another chance to spoil mom with her favorite treat, whether it be cookies, cakes, berries or brownies. Find great desserts and deals by visiting retailers such as Cheryl’s, Dale & Thomas, Godiva and Bake Me a Wish.
- For those looking for jewelry, find deals on diamonds and gems from My Jewelry Box, Szul and Ice.com and find that perfect piece of jewelry that will make mom sparkle and smile.
- Moms love personalized or custom made gifts. Shoppers can add pictures to mugs, picture frames, photo canvases, apparel, totes, keepsakes and more to make it extra special. Use online retailers like Personalization Mall, PictureFrame.com, and A Gift Personalized to find a wide variety of items and discounts.
No matter the gift, online sites like DealTaker.com have offers from all of these retailers and more to help consumers find just what they need at just the right price. Go big without spending big this Mother’s Day by taking advantage of online deals and tools.
Founded in Plano, Texas in 2004, DealTaker.com is the premier destination for consumers looking to spend less and get more. A free coupon site for shoppers to find and share deals, DealTaker.com brings together over 18,000 offers from over 3,500 stores to help shoppers save on merchandise and services, including food, travel, electronics, home furnishings, jewelry and pet supplies and more.