Research projects increased in the US by 4%
Stamford, CT (PRWEB) May 18, 2012
FocusVision, the leading global provider of live transmission and analysis solutions for the qualitative market research industry, today announced the release of the 15th Annual Focus Group Index.
The Focus Group Index includes data reported from focus facility managers and owners throughout the world to determine overall use of focus groups and other qualitative interviews. With confidence, FocusVision can provide industry insight and pertinent trends.
According to the 15th Annual Focus Group Index, reported by FocusVision Worldwide, Inc.:
- Use of focus group research continues to increase roughly in conjunction with increases in overall market research spending.
- An estimated 263,000 focus groups were conducted in the US in 2011, up 4.0% from the previous year.
- Research projects increased in the US by 4.0%, higher than the current rate of inflation (2.65% according to InflationData.com).
- Focus groups conducted in facilities were up 2.4%.
- Webcam based research is increasing in adoption, up 133% and represent 2.7% of total focus groups.
About FocusVision: FocusVision is the leading global provider of live video transmission, analysis and archive solutions for the qualitative market research industry. With transmission solutions for all venues, including focus group facilities, in-homes and shop a-longs, online webcam focus groups, and now BulletinBoard, FocusVision delivers the highest audio and video quality, reliability and security for the most advanced research organizations in the world. With a virtual backroom experience, FocusVision solutions increase key stakeholder participation reduce the hassles and costs of travel and accelerate the review, analysis and reporting processes. For more information about FocusVision visit http://www.focusvision.com.