“Our associates are committed to providing outstanding service and genuinely care about our customers and each other. The hotel team is my second family,” said Tom Pagels, General Manager of Hyatt Regency McCormick Place.
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) May 10, 2012
Hyatt is proud to announce today that Hyatt Regency McCormick Place was named the #3 top workplace for women in the Chicagoland area by Crain’s Chicago Business’ “Top Workplaces for Women 2012” poll, which surveyed hundreds of employees of Chicagoland area companies. Associates at Hyatt Regency McCormick Place credited the hotel as having a dynamic, supportive and inclusive culture, as well as being a leader in career advancement.
“I have been incredibly fortunate to be a part of the Hyatt family for more than 30 years and I see Hyatt as a company that fosters an inclusive culture, accommodates my needs, and has been responsive to work-life balance issues from the very beginning,” said Pat Fabijanski, senior director of catering convention services, Hyatt Regency McCormick Place. “What I find so wonderful is that many of my colleagues – at this hotel and at other Hyatt hotels in the area – will share stories with me about how their job has given them the chance to balance work and life, and how the company supports them and gives them opportunities, so I know it’s a consistent experience in every position.”
In early April, Hyatt Regency McCormick Place was also recognized on Crain’s Chicago Business’ list of “Top Workplaces 2012” with hotel associates noting that their work environment offered excellent pay and benefits, positive management and career advancement opportunities, and favorable working conditions.
Hyatt Regency McCormick Place is proud of its commitment to associates, which is reflected in low turnover at the hotel. The average length of service at Hyatt Regency McCormick Place is seven years, and more than 145 associates have more than ten years of service. In 2011, the hotel’s turnover rate was 18 percent, where the industry average typically exceeds 30 percent.
Tom Pagels, General Manager of Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, praised the hotel’s associates for making the hotel a wonderful place to work. “Our associates are committed to providing outstanding service and genuinely care about our customers and each other. The hotel team is my second family,” said Pagels. “As we prepare to welcome the world to Chicago with the upcoming NATO Summit later this month, I’m so proud that our associates will be ambassadors of our city and representative of Hyatt’s wonderful workplace culture.”
Hyatt provides industry-leading wage and benefits packages, including health care coverage and generous retirement contributions. Additionally, Hyatt associates receive numerous perks, such as free or subsidized meals during their work day, as well as 12 free stays at Hyatt hotels throughout the world each year.
Hyatt Regency McCormick Place celebrates the success of its associates throughout the year, including:
- Managers and associates can nominate each other monthly for awards and kudos that will earn their colleagues cash, gas gift cards, retail gift cards, and more.
- An Associate of the Year and Manager of the Year are selected annually. Winners receive either $2,000 or a prize package, which includes accommodations for six nights, food and beverage credit, a spending allowance, round trip airfare for two and one week extra vacation.
- The hotel recognizes associates’ anniversaries beginning at five years and can select an anniversary gift (depending on their years of service) from several high-end retailers.
- Twice a year, the hotel executive team hosts a breakfast to thank associates who work on the overnight shifts.
- The hotel recognizes 'life events' – birthdays, births, deaths, illnesses/hospital stays, and more. Past activities have included hosting bake sales to raise money for associates who have had serious illnesses or accidents. The hotel team also supports other Hyatt employees around the country. Most recently, clothes and money were sent to the associates of Hyatt Regency Lost Pines in Bastrop, Texas when many of them lost their homes in wildfires.
- Associates’ personal and family accomplishments are celebrated in the associate dining room - children’s graduations, becoming a Reverend at church, photos from family vacations, etc.
- The hotel cares about the health of its associates and recently hosted two Farmer’s Markets where associates could purchase fruits and vegetables at cost.
Associates from Florida to Chicago to California have selected Hyatt as a best place to work on numerous “Top Employer” lists. Last month, Gallup gave Hyatt top honors in its global 2012 Great Workplace Award recognizing the world’s most engaged workforces. Additionally, The Wall Street Journal, BusinessWeek and Experience.com have named Hyatt as a desired employer for recent graduates and young professionals. AARP named Hyatt as a top employer for older Americans, and CareerBliss recently named Hyatt the happiest hotel company.
Hyatt is continually recognized as a leader in promoting and nurturing a diverse workforce. It has been honored by numerous respected third-party organizations, including the Human Rights Campaign, Hispanic Business magazine, and the NAACP for its hiring of GLBT, Hispanic and African-American employees. Last week, Hyatt was ranked No. 15 by Diversity MBA Magazine’s 50 Out Front Companies for Diversity Leadership as one of the “Best Places for Diverse Managers to Work.” Hyatt was also recognized in the publication’s Top 10 Best in Class Category for “Representation.” This is a significant recognition that showcases the company’s long standing commitment to global diversity as a corporate leader providing a great work environment with opportunities for leadership development for women and people of color.
For job listings at Hyatt Regency McCormick Place and other Hyatt hotels and offices around the world, visit http://hyatt.jobs.
About Hyatt Regency McCormick Place
Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, 2233 S. Martin Luther King Drive, Chicago, holds the prestigious honor of AAA Four Diamond status for its “progressively more refined and stylish” accommodations that maintain a “high degree of attention to detail.” Hyatt Regency McCormick Place has 800 guest rooms, 43,000 square feet of function space, and a 12,000 square foot Grand Ballroom. The hotel features Daily Grind coffee shop, three restaurants – Forno, an Italian Trattoria, Shor, a Chicago grille, and M/X, a sleek, high-energy lounge, a full service Business Center with wireless high speed Internet and an indoor pool and StayFit@Hyatt gym. The hotel is situated directly next to McCormick Place Convention Center, minutes from U.S. Cellular Field, and near downtown Chicago’s many attractions including Lake Michigan, the Field Museum and the Magnificent Mile. Complimentary one-way shuttle transportation is available to downtown Chicago. Hyatt Regency McCormick Place is only 10 miles from Midway Airport. For reservations or more information, call 312.567.1234 or visit http://www.hyatt.com.