These winners all exemplify the commitment and drive that it takes to be true leaders in our industry.
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) May 11, 2012
The Asian American Hotel Owners Association (AAHOA), one of the leading forces in the hospitality industry, would like to congratulate all of the award winners who were recognized during the 2012 AAHOA Annual Convention & Trade Show, which was held May 2-5 at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center and the Georgia World Congress Center. The winners include:
- Jay S. Patel, CHA, Pensacola, Fla., received the AAHOA Award for Excellence, which recognizes the Asian American hotelier who has made a significant contribution to the lodging industry and demonstrated strong leadership, and high standards of excellence.
- Manan A. Patel, CHO, Allentown, Pa., received the Outstanding Young Professional Hotelier Award, which recognizes an individual under the age of 30 who has displayed a potential for development and success, and who has exemplified the spirit, dedication and professional achievement of the Asian American hotelier.
- Kalpana K. Patel, CHO, Los Angeles, Calif., received the Outstanding Woman Hotelier of the Year Award, which recognizes the woman hotelier who has demonstrated strong leadership qualities, a commitment to lodging excellence, and made significant contributions to the industry and her community.
- Jagdip “Jags” Patel, CHO, Arlington, Texas, received the Cecil B. Day Community Service Award, which recognizes an individual who has demonstrated a strong commitment to serving the Asian American community.
- U.S. Representative Joe Crowley (D-NY) and U.S. Representative Ed Royce (R-CA) each received the Political Forum Award for Advocacy, which recognizes an individual who is extensively involved with helping advance AAHOA’s mission and the concerns of its members by participating in the legislative process through political involvement and government affairs.
- Chottubhai Patel, Greensboro, N.C., received the Outreach Award for Philanthropy, which recognizes an individual who is deeply involved with philanthropic and charitable activities, either locally or abroad, by helping the cause of humanity at large.
- Grand View Inn, Hermosa Beach, Calif., owned by Amish Desai, received the IAHA Independent Hotel of the Year Award, which honors an independent hotel that sets a high standard of excellence in quality, service and guest satisfaction.
"Each year, we recognize the industry’s best and brightest with awards at our Annual Convention,” said Alkesh R. Patel, CHO, AAHOA Chairman. “These winners all exemplify the commitment and drive that it takes to be true leaders in our industry."
“On behalf of the AAHOA Board, we would like to congratulate all of this year’s winners as they represent the standard of excellence in the hospitality industry,” said Fred Schwartz, AAHOA President. “The enthusiasm and passion of our members is what enables our association to be a driving force, so we thank these winners for their hard work.”
The Asian American Hotel Owners Association (AAHOA) is THE voice of owners in the hospitality industry. Founded in 1989, AAHOA is now one of the fastest-growing organizations in the industry, with nearly 11,000 members owning more than 20,000 hotels that total $128 billion in property value. AAHOA members employ 578,600 full- and part-time workers with a $9.4 billion payroll. AAHOA Officers include Chairman Alkesh R. Patel, CHO; Vice Chairman Mehul B. “Mike” Patel, CHA, CHO; Treasurer Pratik R. Patel, CHA, CHO; Secretary Jay R. “Jimmy” Patel, CHO; and President Fred Schwartz, each of whom works closely with a 33-member Board of Directors to provide direction for the association. AAHOA is dedicated to promoting and protecting the interests of its members by inspiring excellence through programs and initiatives in advocacy, industry leadership, professional development, member benefits, and community involvement.