Once we created iCandy – and began using it with every shoot – we immediately found a ‘sweet spot’ for everyone involved in the creative process.
Indianapolis, In., (PRWEB) May 14, 2012
iCandy, Inc., an emerging innovator and distributor of photography products, today invited photographers worldwide to get involved in its Kickstarter project and to pledge support for its flagship product, iCandy. The project website offers, through June 2, 2012, an exclusive preview of the upcoming launch of iCandy, a universal smartphone mount that has many uses for both professional and hobbyist shooters.
iCandy’s straightforward screw mounting system enables anyone to affix a smartphone directly below the lens of their camera, in an eye-catching location whether the subject is a child, high school senior, engaged couple or expectant parent. The device’s universal mount works with almost any smartphone, lens, tripod and virtually all DSLRs, whether using a battery grip or not.
Those who get a sneak peak of iCandy on the Kickstarter website (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/330430274/icandy-a-revolutionary-photography-accessory) can imagine its creative uses including:
- As an attention grabbing system for kids; put on a child’s favorite TV show or a funny clip and they will smile right into your lens
- As a juke box; set the tone with upbeat or relaxing music to put a subject in the right mood, and facial pose, for the shoot
- As a photo assistant; rotate iCandy 180 degrees to use applications on the smartphone directly below the screen of the camera
- As a mirror; use the smartphone’s forward-facing camera to help subjects perk up and respond more quickly to posing recommendations with the instant reflection
- As a teleprompter for video recordings; subjects can see words directly below the camera lens, just as broadcast news anchors do
- For point-of-view films; photographers can use the smartphone to record a video of themselves as they are working
“With photo-specific applications directly available below the camera, and all the multimedia options the latest handhelds offer, iCandy is a virtual cabinet – or candy store – of all of a photographer’s helpful tools,” said Ryan Maners, iCandy inventor and owner of Rusted Roof Photography. “iCandy was invented after our studio’s photographers noticed sessions with children were getting increasingly exhausting and lengthy. Typical props, from stuffed animals to dancing parents, did not work consistently to keep kids engaged, and sessions dragged on. Once we created iCandy – and began using it with every shoot – we immediately found a ‘sweet spot’ for everyone involved in the creative process. Kids loved the entertainment, models loved being able to see themselves in the phone and our photographers loved utilizing apps quickly with their camera.”
Specifications, Pricing and Availability
iCandy is a patent pending product of iCandy Inc. The product length is adjustable, from 1.5 inches to 6 inches; height varies from 1.75 inches to 3 depending on whether it is used with a battery grip or not. The weight is 7 ounces.
The scheduled delivery date is June 2012. An introductory price is set at $99.99. Those involved in the Kickstarter campaign can get iCandy for a discounted price. For more details, visit http://needicandy.com/products/icandy.
iCandy, Inc. (http://needicandy.com), an emerging innovator and distributor of photography products, specializes in providing state of the art products that allow photographers the ability to maximize their talents. iCandy’s flagship product, iCandy allows photographers to utilize their iPhones during a shoot to grab the attention of children, assist in posing and more. Engage with company founders on Facebook and Twitter.