Denison, TX (PRWEB) May 11, 2012
The 2012 Buckin' For A Cause bull ride and fundraising event will take place this weekend on Saturday May 12, 2012 at the Whitesboro Rodeo Arena in Whitesboro, Texas. Gates open at 4:00 p.m., with fun, family oriented activities for all ages, the bull ride begins at 7:00 p.m.
The lineup of family friendly activities includes a midway with many attractions:
- 3 Bounce Houses – Young Kids House, Big Slide, Combo House
- Face Painting Booth
- Clowns and Balloons
- Mechanical Bucking Bull Ride
- Roping Corral for kids
- Instant Photos taken at various attractions
- Shelter Sales Booth with t-shirts, hats, wrist bands, toys, etc.
- Concession Stand & Picnic Area
- "Crowded Closet” Sales Booth
- “Spur 503” Booth
- Popcorn & Other Goodies
- Autograph site for performers
- Car Smash
Tickets are available at the gate and online at http://www.buckinforacause.com.
The bull ride will have 40 head of professional level bulls, with riders competing for a purse valued at $2,000 and a prize belt buckle. The event will conclude with a concert and dance with live music provided by Spur 503.
Proceeds from the fundraiser will be used for much needed capital improvements and other necessities. The goal for the 2012 Buckin' For A Cause event is to raise at least $25,000 for the Grayson County Shelter, and continue the mission of providing hope, help and support for the homeless families and individuals in the Grayson County area.
Sponsorship and volunteer opportunities are available by contacting the Shelter. To participate in any of these opportunities please Bill Stringer today at 903-465-6041.
Homelessness in America is a growing concern, and Grayson County is also affected by the growing homeless population. According to the David Lynch Foundation the following numbers on homelessness in America are saddening:
- An estimated 3.5 million people were homeless at some point during 2010 here in the United States? Even worse, of which 1.35 million were children;
- Each night more than 700,000 people are homeless – of these, nearly 40 percent are families;
- Approximately 40 percent of homeless men are veterans of the American armed forces;
- Approximately 30 percent of homeless people have been incarcerated.
The Grayson County Shelter, Inc. is a recognized 501(c)(3) public charity organization in Texas, operating a homeless shelter for displaced families which serves Grayson County, and all surrounding counties in North Texas, as well as the citizens of Southern Oklahoma.