Los Gatos, CA (PRWEB) May 17, 2012
Steve Mariucci, NFL Network Analyst and ex-49er and Detroit Lions head coach, dons the cover of the Spring 2012 issue of ActiveOver50—a rapidly growing active 50+ consumer magazine in the San Francisco Bay Area owned by ActiveOver50 media company.
Since 1998, Mariucci and football hall of famer John Madden, host an annual Madden-Mariucci “Battle of the Bay” Bocce tournament to raise money for local and national charities. This year’s event is June 6th at Campo di Bocce in Livermore, CA.
“It’s a privilege and an obligation to help those less fortunate—that’s real success on and off the field,” said Mariucci who lives in the San Francisco Bay Area. Steve is an avid bocce ball player and often plays with his father Ray, 89, who lives in Iron Mountain, Michigan where Steve grew up.
“This cause is obviously near and dear to my heart as the game of football has provided so much for me and Steve,” said John Madden. “We’re thrilled to be able to give back to those young athletes in the sport of football.”
Besides profiling Mariucci, the latest issue of ActiveOver50 includes the following articles:
- “Adventures Off the Beaten Track” by Don Mankin, award winning travel writer
- “Recording the Super Centenarians” by Dr. Walter M. Bortz, II, M.D—wellness and longevity expert
- “A Pain in the Foot” by Dr. Steven Tager
- "Looking for a Job" by William Seavey
- "Dos and Don’ts of Hiring an Attorney" by lawyer Derryl Molina
- "Rediscovering Beautiful Filoli Gardens" in Woodside, CA
- “The Black Holes of Retirement“ by money columnist Evelyn Preston
- "Big Make Over of Little House" by Danielle Gasbarro
- "Teaching Yoga at 82" by Jeanne Dowell
About Madden-Mariucci Bocce Charity Event
For more information about the 14th annual Madden-Mariucci “Battle of the Bay”
Charity Bocce Tournament, contact Dimitrous Chattman at 415. 294.1993 or email: info(at)maddenmariuccibocce(dot)com.
About ActiveOver50 Media
Founded in 2005, ActiveOver50 is a media company in the San Francisco Bay Area offering an array of products for the active 50+ consumer including a TV series with NBC Bay Area, trade shows, e-newsletters, website and print/digital magazines. The magazine reaches over 200,000 in print and online worldwide.
ActiveOver50 targets the active 50+ who are working, seeking work, thinking of retiring or leading active retired lives. For more information about ActiveOver50 Media, contact founder/CEO Larry W. Hayes at 408.921.5806 or email Larry(at)ActiveOver50(dot)com. Visit website: ActiveOver50.com.