We chose the number 13 because it is a good, scary number.
Toronto, Ontario (PRWEB) May 21, 2012
Readysmith AdvisersLimited is starting its new blog (http://readysmithadvisers.com/the-ready-blog/) with a continuing series of simple things that a small business owner can do to protect his/her business. The number 13 is a good, scary number. However, the count may not stop there. It may get to 43 before the series is done. Who knows? Just to summarize, the 13 simple things are:
1. Talk to staff about emergencies, crises and disasters.
2. Save all data.
3. Protect and continue e-mail.
4. Keep key documents safe.
5. Tidy up the premises.
6. Review keys and safes.
7. Keep key office supplies safe.
8. Establish digital signatures and emergency spending limits.
9. Develop an emergency contact list.
10. Know where to get definitive information about the approaching hurricane / tornado / snowstorm / tsunami / flood / cyclone.
11. Develop/update business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
12. Have business continuity and disaster recovery plans reviewed objectively.
13. Keep it simple.
These may be a little cryptic right now. But the blog will explain each simple thing in upcoming postings. So check out the blog. Sign up for the Readysmith newsletter there which will tells about new blog postings (as well as other useful stuff the reader needs to do to get the business ready to deal with any emergency, crisis or disaster that might stop it in its tracks). Or click on the RSS feed button to have new entries e-mailed as soon as they are crafted.
About Readysmith Advisers Limited
Established in 2008, Readysmith Advisers Limited provides a comprehensive business continuity planning solution to businesses in North America. The Readysmith Advisers Limited, Readiness-as-a-Service (RaaS) combines the expertise of veteran business continuity advisers with a web-hosted, secure wiki technology based web site to assist in development of a business continuity plan to meet all the readiness needs of an organization.
For more information contact Michael Smith of Readysmith Advisers Limited at 1.877.636.3596, extension 1001; e-mail at info(at)readysmithadvisers(dot)com; visit the website at http://readysmithadvisers.com.