With the release of 'Firewall Policy Management for Dummies,' AlgoSec aims to raise awareness of these challenges and provide an educational resource to help organizations reduce the complexity of managing firewall policies.
Roswell, GA (PRWEB) May 15, 2012
AlgoSec, the market leader for network security policy management, today announced the release of "Firewall Policy Management for Dummies” by Lawrence Miller, CISSP, a reference guide designed to help network security professionals understand and cope with the growing complexity of managing firewall policies.
Network security management has become increasingly complex, as new technologies are adopted and as business requirements are rapidly changing - introducing unnecessary risk, operational burden and stunting business agility. Firewall Policy Management for Dummies examines the impact of this growing complexity and explores how organizations of all sizes can effectively and efficiently manage firewall policies to achieve improved operations, security and compliance.
“The only constant in today’s business environment is change, and it can be challenging for IT departments to effectively manage this, both from a security and operational perspective,” said Nimmy Reichenberg, VP of Marketing and Business Development, AlgoSec. “With the release of ‘Firewall Policy Management for Dummies,’ AlgoSec aims to raise awareness of these challenges and provide an educational resource to help organizations reduce the complexity of managing firewall policies.”
“Firewall Policy Management for Dummies” includes chapters on:
- Recognizing the Growing Complexity in Network Security Policy Management – Reviews the modern business realities that make security management so challenging and complex, include mergers and acquisitions, autonomous lines of business, budget constraints, and a constantly changing regulatory landscape.
- Firewall Policy Management Challenges Every Organization Must Tackle – Describes the technical issues — such as cluttered firewall rulesets, change management, regulatory audits, and new technologies and trends — that security teams must deal with to manage their organization’s firewalls efficiently and effectively.
- Addressing Firewall Management Pain Points – Explains how firewall policy management solutions help optimize firewall operations, simplify audits and ensure compliance, reduce risk, maximize your IT resources, and improve communications between IT security and operations teams.
- Exploring the AlgoSec Security Management Suite – Delivers a deep dive into the advanced capabilities and features of the AlgoSec Security Management Suite.
- Key Criteria in a Firewall Policy Management Solution – Explores key factors to consider when choosing a firewall policy management solution!
Published by John Wiley & Sons, For Dummies is the World’s best-selling reference series.
“Firewall Policy Management for Dummies,” is available for download at http://pages.algosec.com/as_dummies_book.html.
AlgoSec is the market leader in network security policy management. AlgoSec enables security and operations teams to intelligently automate the policy management of firewalls, routers, VPNs, proxies and related security devices, improving operational efficiency, ensuring compliance and reducing risk.
More than 900 of the world’s leading enterprises, MSSPs, auditors and consultancies rely on AlgoSec Security Management Suite for unmatched automation of firewall operations, auditing and compliance, risk analysis and the security change workflow.
AlgoSec is committed to the success of every single customer, and offers the industry's only money-back guarantee.
For more information, visit http://www.AlgoSec.com.
- Hear from AlgoSec Customers at algosec.com/en/customers/testimonials
- Visit the AlgoSec blog, Playing with Fire at blog.algosec.com
- Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/algosec
- Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/algosec
- Follow us on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/algosec
- Find us on YouTube at youtube.com/algosec