North Hampton, NH (PRWEB) May 14, 2012
Culinary travel is hotter than ever and New England is one of the best places to experience the gourmet treats from the land and sea. As such, New England Inns & Resorts has compiled the best their members have to offer in this arena - everything from a farm-to-fork weekend to taking a culinary herb tour to a rambling motorcycle tour with a chef. These Culinary Packages can only be found collectively at http://www.NewEnglandInnsandResorts.com - no other website can offer such a wide range of packages and information in one central location.
New England Inns and Resorts is comprised of nearly 250 of the finest inns, resorts, hotels, and B&Bs in the region, with a wide range of accommodations to satisfy every visitor. The culinary offerings vary by property, and visitors can find the New England vacation that suits them best by visiting http://www.NewEnglandInnsandResorts.com. Sample packages include:
- Farm to Fork Weekend (Nonantum Resort, Kennebunkport, ME) – The farm to table movement continues to grow and this weekend showcases Kennebunkport’s best local purveyors. Starts with a meet and greet that will include demonstrations from Cabot Cheese, Urban Farm Fermentory, and Shipyard Brewing Co. Saturday will start with breakfast in 95 Ocean Dining Room followed by a customized Foodie Tour of the Kennebunks, a lobster boat ride on the Rugosa, cooking class with the resort’s Executive Chef and a private dinner featuring a "Farm to Fork" menu. The weekend ends with a sunset walk and a Father’s Day Jazz Brunch. Starts at only $598 per couple. June 15-17, 2012.
- Now We’re Cookin’ (Johnson & Wales Inn, Seekonk, MA) – This package includes overnight lodging for two in an executive suite, a $50 dinner gift certificate for Audrey's Restaurant, a 3-4 hour recreational cooking class for two at the campus of Johnson & Wales University in Providence, RI, 2 Chef's Choice aprons and breakfast for two at Audrey's Restaurant. Starts at just $369 per night for two people. Tax and gratuity not included.
- Inn to Inn Culinary Herb Tour(Inn at Ellis River, Jackson, NH) – Visit 10 inns for tasty herb treats, recipes, seeds or plants for the garden, and culinary lore. Package includes welcome reception, herb-themed breakfasts, tour, and a gift from the inn; $249-$469 depending on room selection. Limited number of one night packages available for $159-$179. Enjoy spring in the Valley and stay a third night for $99-$139 OR stay a fourth night free.
- King Arthur Flour Discount (Norwich Inn, Norwich, VT) – Those who wish to take classes at King Arthur Flour’s Baking Education Center can take advantage of a 20% discount on accommodations at the Inn! Additionally, the Inn and King Arthur will offer a 10% discount off of logo'd memorabilia at the Inn and many items at the Baker's Store (excluding Cafe and baked foods). Classes include such favorites such as Pizza Perfected, Bread: Principles and Practice and Cake 101. There are many courses to choose from for beginner up to expert baker. This is a midweek deal available Sunday – Thursday during the months of June through October. Rates at the hotel start at $129 per night.
- Roaring Ramble Package (The Red Lion Inn, Stockbridge, MA) – Guests may hit the road on their motorcycle with Executive Chef Brian Alberg on a freewheeling half-day ride along back roads through Berkshire farmlands for a stop at one of the chef’s favorite farms or a microbrewery. Package includes a Sustainable Foods dinner for two at the Inn on Sunday night, overnight accommodations, and Sustainable breakfast the next day. Available from $525, including taxes and meal gratuities and is available for stays on the evenings of Sunday June 19 and Sunday August 21; ride takes place the next day.
New England Inns & Resorts Association is a collection of New England’s most distinctive, independently owned and operated lodging properties. Established in 1907 by owners of B&Bs, hotels, inns and resorts in the New England region, the Association is comprised of nearly 250 properties. Many of the lodgings are also members of Historic Hotels of America, Preferred Hotels and Select Registry.
The association’s website, NewEnglandInnsandResorts.com, is a rich resource for consumers offering a quick reservations widget that searches all member room availability for one-stop comparison shopping and booking directly from the site. NEIRA also has a free App which travelers can use to explore the New England Inns & Resorts many member properties, view information and news on individual properties and plan a vacation to New England.
In addition to featuring value-rich packages for consumers, the association is also well known for their gift certificates, which are available in any denomination and redeemable at all member properties. Gift Certificates can be purchased online or by calling the association directly at 1-603-964-6689.
Please visit NewEnglandInnsandResorts.com for more information.