London, United Kingdom (PRWEB UK) 16 May 2012
* United Utilities has voiced concerns over a proposed gas storage facility, which it claims could leak into an underground sewage tunnel which runs under Blackpool.
United Utilities is now seeking assurances from Halite over the plan to store 900 cubic metres of gas in salt caverns near Preesall – formerly proposed by American company Canatxx.
In a document sent to Halite, United Utilities said: “A key concern of the proposed development would be to ensure our wastewater assets remained well protected from any gas leakage, which would occur through the fissured ground strata believed to exist underneath Wyre Estuary.
Hear from Keith Budinger, Chief Executive, Halite Energy Group at SMi Group’s 6th annual Gas Storage conference. This leading event will bring together a panel of industry experts to tackle the challenges of regulation, flexibility and security of supply to provide you with an in-depth understanding of the latest developments and technologies in gas storage solutions.
Confirmed industry experts include:
- Bruno Leray, Managing Director, Storengy UK
- Martin Holly, General Director, NAFTA a.s.
- Daniel Urban, Manager, Regulatory Affairs & Communications, RWE Gas Storage
- Jo Vizor, Managing Director, E.ON Gas Storage UK
- Keith MacLean,Policy and Research Director, SSE Policy initiatives for Gas Storage
- Francisco De la Flor, Director of Regulation, Enagas
- Keith Budinger, Chief Executive, Halite Energy
Topics discussed include:
- Overview of UK gas storage: the geology behind the methods and schemes
- Delivering the gas flexibility Britain needs
- Gas Storage: Does it have a future in the UK
- The contribution of fast-cycle gas storage to UK energy security
- Gas Storage in the Cheshire Salt Deposits
- Opportunities for Subsurface Energy Storage Development in Poland
- Dealing with volatility: Storage or...Storage
- Selling Storage Capacity in a Shifting Market: Challenges and Opportunities
- Rivara underground gas storage facility
- Expansion of Slovak UGS supporting Central European trading markets
Plus, don’t miss the interactive post conference workshop:
Gas Portfolio Management- 27th June 2012, Copthorne Tara Hotel, London
Hosted by: Cyriel de Jong KYOS Energy Consulting
To register for Gas Storage:
Telephone: Andrew Gibbons on: +44 (0)20 7827 6156
- Source from Julian Milnes