Salt Lake City, UT (PRWEB) May 16, 2012
DownEast Basics, a high-style, low-price retailer that specializes in trendy fashions as well as modest clothing, is helping shoppers make the most of warm weather with its Summer 2012 collection that showcases some of the season’s very best fashion trends. With new styles for women, teens and girls, the DownEast brand delivers high-end looks at always-affordable prices.
“I had so much fun designing our Summer 2012 collection with styles that are exciting, fresh and very on-trend,” said DownEast’s head clothing designer Andrea Updike. “We’re offering the boldest new colors and design details you see on runways and in high-end boutiques – but without the high prices that go along with them. This season, color your summer ‘fun’ with our sunny yellows, blues, corals, pretty pastels and playful, retro mix-and-match prints.”
The DownEast “Basics” concept continues to be well-priced, wardrobe-building essentials combined with favorite new trends that can be easily layered and mixed for versatility and a put-together look. In summer, these looks can take you from the beach or other outdoor activities right into evening.
Updike talks about how to incorporate some of the summer’s hottest fashion trends that are in DownEast Basics’ Summer 2012 collection:
- Big Color: “Now is not the time to be intimidated by color! Face your color fears by pairing almost any bright shades together, including neon. And don’t forget about the PANTONE® Color of the Year, Tangerine Tango. Find your key pieces for summer in this shade. I suggest DownEast’s Lightly Layered Tee belted, tucked or worn straight with some colored denims. If you’re still feeling color shy, try brights with neutrals.”
- Stripes on Stripes: “Mix and match your stripes – any color, any direction works! Forget the idea that stripes are not flattering. Believe it or not, stripes can do just the opposite and flatter any figure when styled right. Keep body proportions in check by creating a narrow waistline. To get your stripe on, try our Long Love Maxi Skirt that can be worn as a skirt or dress, our Card Catalog Cardi, Word Up Top or West Indies Top.”
- Tonal Time: “With the brilliant brights of the season, play with pairing different shades of the same color. Combining four shades of blue keeps your look unexpectedly cool. You can do this with our Tea Cup Top, Betty Cardi, Wonder Cami and Anchor Skirt.”
- Pretty Pastels: “Everyone from Versace to Vuitton paired pastels in their spring and summer collections and you can, too! Check out our Lacey Afternoon Dress and Worlds Apart Blouse. Such a pretty silhouette for a pretty little price.”
- Retro & Vintage Swimwear: Keep it classy this season with your swimwear. Mix the season’s bright hues with trendy vintage silhouettes. Nothing captures that more than our vintage-inspired swim pieces like our Sausalito Halter and French Indies Bikini, our Retro Revival Suit and Silver Screen Suit.”
This season, for the first time DownEast Swim’s popular mix-and-match options and designs to complement every body type are joined by an adorable new swimwear collection for girls.
About DownEast Basics
DownEast Basics (http://www.downeastbasics.com) offers high-design looks on a bargain basement budget for today’s cost-conscious yet fashionable consumer. The DownEast Basics clothing line features smart layering pieces and wardrobe enhancing garments so you can embrace the American classic look with your own sense of style.
The fast-growing retailer operates nationally with its Basics line via its online store in addition to 47 locations throughout the West including in Utah, Colorado, California, Idaho, Arizona, Washington, Nevada and Wyoming.