Portland, OR (PRWEB) May 17, 2012
Janrain, the leading provider of User Management solutions for the social web, today announced a number of new platform capabilities to enable leading brands and online retailers to better acquire, engage and monetize online visitors. These new updates allow global brands and ecommerce companies to quickly deploy social solutions with existing infrastructure to gain better visibility into social profile data and improve targeting to grow their audience. In addition, the company today announced its integrations and partnerships with Demandware, Magento, Certona and 500friends and support for a number of other global ecommerce providers.
“We want to provide the best solutions to help brands leverage the robust set of data available on their users that in turn enables them to provide a better online experience to those customers,” said Larry Drebes, CEO, Janrain. “Leading ecommerce platforms and major retailers across a variety of industries are recognizing the benefit that providing personalized experiences has on bolstering user engagement and purchases.”
Janrain’s spring 2012 release focuses on expanding core platform capabilities and offering a rich set of platform extensions to brands and retailers, including:
- Social commerce extensions – Retailers can now easily incorporate social login, social sharing and social profile data collection and storage within their Demandware or Magento-based eCommerce sites using the new Janrain eCommerce Connectors.
- Targeted sharing – A redesigned social sharing experience allows users to target specific friends or groups in their social networks when sharing comments, purchases, or other content or activity from a brand’s site. Analytics and tracking of both the sharer and recipient make it easy for retailers to implement refer-a-friend campaigns.
- Deeper analytics – Customers can accomplish deeper segmentation of users into online buyers and registered visitors by correlating social attributes and demographic info with onsite activity including content viewed, time spent on site and conversions using the new Janrain Analytics Connector for Adobe SiteCatalyst. Retailers can leverage additional intelligence offered by social profile and social graph data to target their users with the right set of products and content.
- Improved targeting – Brands can leverage rich social and traditional user profile data stored in Janrain Capture to improve segmentation, targeting and relevance of email campaigns through the new Janrain Email Connector for ExactTarget,
- Government support – Janrain now supports FICAM-compliant identities for State and Federal Governments as well as for regulated industries.
- Expanded Identity Provider support – In this release, Janrain has added Chinese identity providers Sina Weibo and RenRen, Germany-based SoundCloud and US-based Tumblr.
“500friends and Janrain share a common vision that retailers win when they can leverage social technologies to create and maintain relationships with their customers that ultimately result in brand advocates,” said Justin Yoshimura, CEO of 500friends. “We are excited to bring our clients the power of our social loyalty marketing program combined with Janrain’s social login and social profile data collection and storage capabilities.”
Earlier this spring, Janrain announced the availability of Backplane Protocol 2.0, a proposed open standard that enables authorized, independent applications coexisting on a website to easily and securely communicate user identity and onsite activity with each other. In addition, Salesforce.com and Oracle rolled out Janrain plugins in their respective Spring 12 and Oracle WebCenter Sites releases.
Janrain helps organizations succeed on the social web with its user management platform, a solution to improve user acquisition, engagement and intelligence. With Janrain, you learn more about your users when they login or sign up with an existing identity on a social network such as Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter. Then you can store that social profile data and use the information to launch more targeted campaigns or serve more relevant content. Additional components for sharing, invite friends, and gamification bring more users to your site and reward brand advocates. Janrain customers include leading brands such as Universal Music Group, MTV Networks, AMC Networks, Ning, Kodak, NPR, Sears and Citysearch. Founded in 2005, Janrain is based in Portland, Oregon. For more information, please call 1-888-563-3082 or visit http://www.janrain.com.