“Optimum Lightpath has demonstrated consistent leadership in meeting the always evolving telecommunications needs of the healthcare vertical market,” said Roopa Shree, Program Manager for Business Communication Services, Frost & Sullivan.
Jericho, NY (PRWEB) May 17, 2012
Optimum Lightpath®, a market leader in Ethernet-based communication solutions for New York metropolitan area businesses, today announced the availability of its Optimum Lightpath Healthcare Services Suite. The new suite, designed to serve the needs of healthcare organizations, addresses key demands related to supporting electronic medical record (EMR) solutions, telecommunications-based services, enhanced interactive patient care, streamlined operations and more. The services offered by Optimum Lightpath are supported by the company’s 100 percent fiber network, flat-rate billing for cost control and premium customer service.
“New York metro area healthcare organizations have long depended on Optimum Lightpath to deliver the services and support that help them run smoothly and transform the way they deliver patient care,” said Julia McGrath, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Business Development, Optimum Lightpath. “We’ve spent considerable time listening to our customers to understand their challenges and opportunities, and learn how we could collaborate with them to bring products to market that will help them be successful. Our Healthcare Services Suite is a collection of Optimum Lightpath’s advanced, breakthrough products that are important to our customers in this sector.”
Powering The Future of Healthcare, Today
Optimum Lightpath’s Healthcare Services Suite helps healthcare organizations, such as hospitals, medical practices, long-term care facilities and radiology centers, meet emerging demands and opportunities. This includes supporting telemedicine, healthcare and office management, e-learning, Electronic Medical Records (EMR) solutions and a greatly enhanced patient care experience. Products from the suite deliver the high-bandwidth needed to utilize PACS Imaging, Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE), host web conferences for community education initiatives, provide remote consultations, facilitate internal collaboration and conferencing, decrease average length of stay, simplify voice systems and better manage costs.
Products and services available to customers that choose the Optimum Lightpath Healthcare Services Suite include:
- Data services. Full range of metro Ethernet and Optical Transport Service offerings providing bandwidth ranging from 10 MB to 10 GB, backed by reliability, scalability and security.
- Interactive Patient Care. Transforms the bedside television to help hospitals improve entertainment, education, patient safety, clinical care outcomes and bed turnover rates, while creating new workflow efficiencies for hospital staff.
- Next-Generation Hosted Voice. Cloud-based phone service that is easy to manage and features a broad range of powerful features, including smart call processing, convergence, mobility and collaboration.
- Video Transport. Dedicated bandwidth solution that can support a range of data-intensive applications, such as PACS, MRI, general x-rays, real-time surgical training and monitoring.
- Conference Bundle. Includes audio and Web conferencing in a single service with flexible packages.
“Optimum Lightpath has demonstrated consistent leadership in meeting the always evolving telecommunications needs of the healthcare vertical market,” said Roopa Shree, Program Manager for Business Communication Services, Frost & Sullivan. “With an innovative product set, a high-performing network to support it and a strong focus on the customer, Optimum Lightpath is well-positioned to continue advancing in the healthcare market.”
Optimum Lightpath currently serves 70% of the healthcare organizations located in its New York metro area footprint and 99% of the healthcare organizations located on Long Island. These organizations include Horizon Health Center, Saint Clare’s Health System and Holy Name Hospital in New Jersey, and Visiting Nurse Service of New York, North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System, Medical Arts Radiology and Montefiore Medical Center in New York.
For more information about Optimum Lightpath Healthcare Services Suite, visit http://www.optimumlightpath.com/healthcare.