Strolling through the streets of the Fair, you will find hundreds of artistic whimsies from chalk art to body paint and handmade jewelry to hand painted art cars.
Seattle, WA (PRWEB) May 17, 2012
The Fremont Fair is a celebration of the “delibertas quirkas” (freedom to be peculiar) character of the eclectic and artsy Fremont neighborhood. Strolling through the streets of the Fair, you will find hundreds of artistic whimsies from chalk art to body paint and handmade jewelry to hand painted art cars. The Fremont neighborhood itself is home to creative sculpture and installations. While in the “Center of the Universe,” tour the Rocket, the Fremont Troll, the Lenin Statue, Waiting for the Interurban, and more.
Must-see and do artsy activities for the weekend include:
- Arts & Crafts Shopping: The Fremont Fair also features boutique shopping throughout the streets with over 300 booths filled with original arts and crafts, imports and opportunities to tie dye a t-shirt or get a henna tattoo.
- Fremont Abbey Arts for All: Grow your brain on the arts at Fremont Abbey Arts for All at the Fremont Fair. Activities include a growing brain sculpture, chalk art, music makers, artcycle, and paint with your food. Plus, live performers and bands on the Fremont Abbey Stage!
- Seattle Art Car Blowout: See more than 50 funky decorated art cars on display in the Burke Building parking lot (35th and Evanston). Cars travel from across the country to create the largest gathering of Art Cars in the Northwest! Want a sneak peek of the art cars in mobile procession? The public (and the press) are encouraged to go to Sunset Hill Park, at 7531 - 34th Ave NW, on Sunday, June 17th to see the cars cruise by at approximately 10:30am. From there they will buzz the Ballard Market, on Shilshole Ave, before triumphantly returning to Fremont. Have your cameras ready!
- Fremont Arts Council Solstice Parade: The 25th Annual Fremont Solstice Parade takes place on Saturday, June 16th at noon. Produced by the Fremont Arts Council, the Fremont Solstice Parade is a showcase of art via human-powered floats.
- Yoga for the Solstice: Planet Earth Yoga brings the art of yoga to the Fremont Fair. Grab your mat and join us as we salute the sun and celebrate the solstice with a hatha yoga practice in the Center of the Universe Sunday, June 17th at 10:30am.
- Dads & Dogs Day – Dog Parade: Paralleling its human counterpart, the Fremont Arts Council’s Solstice Parade, fairgoers are invited to bring their four-legged friends on Sunday, June 17th at 2:30pm to participate in this fun pup procession. Bring your puppy in creative costume or let your dog strut his or her stuff au naturale.
The Fremont Fair is free and open to the public. New this year, the Friday Night Pre-Party features live music on the Redhook Brewery Main Stage from 4:00pm to 11:00pm on June 15th. For more information and a complete schedule of activities, visit fremontfair.org. For the up-to-the-date announcements, follow @FremontFair on Twitter or find us on Facebook.