We are the only accelerator in Europe trying to recreate a piece of the culture found here in Silicon Valley," said Antti Ylimutka, Wingman at Startup Sauna.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) May 17, 2012
Startup Sauna, a Helsinki based seed accelerator, announced today that it will be hosting its biannual Demo Day in San Francisco on Thursday, May 24, 2012. Demo Day will showcase Startup Sauna’s top 10 most promising startups from its current spring 2012 batch.
What: Startup Sauna Demo Day - Silicon Valley edition
Who: Most promising startups from Northern Europe, Baltics and Russia
When: Thursday, May 24, 2012 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM PT
Where: Rocketspace - 181 Fremont Street, San Francisco
Tix Info: http://startupsaunasiliconvalley2012.eventbrite.com/
Startup Sauna is the open source seed accelerator that helps early stage startups in Northern Europe, Baltics and Russia. Startup Sauna believes that seed acceleration should be every great startups’ right. Because of recent successes of its alumni teams such as Ovelin that raised $1.4 million from True Ventures, Startup Sauna has expanded its reach across the world to the rest of Europe and all the way to China. To date, Startup Sauna’s alumni teams have raised over $19 million since 2010.
Top 10 startups presenting at Startup Sauna Demo Day:
- Infogr.am - Provides a super-easy tool for making interactive infographics. (Latvia)
- Omyconf! - Makes business events digital with its cloud platform for organizers and visitors. (Russia)
- MNE Creations – Creates fun, innovative games around the social sciences—considered the Pixar of educational games. (China)
- NordicHug – First natural disinfection company that creates products for modern smartphones, tablet computers and medical equipment. (Finland)
- iJudgeFights – Co-viewing app and scoring platform that lets fans of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) score fights round by round in real-time and share and compare with friends and insiders, anywhere in the world. (China/Canada)
- Campalyst - Manage all your social media profiles, measure online sales and optimize your communication strategy to increase ROI - all from a single dashboard. (Latvia/Lithuania)
- Goodbuzz - Provides tools that automate social marketing for small business. (Lithuania)
- Goalshouter - Crowdsourcing service helping supporters and football teams of any level to collect and share stats and emotions during and after the game. (Italy)
- Adduplex - Leading cross-promotion network for Windows Phone apps serving +60 million impressions per month. (Lithuania)
- Advacam - Future of non-invasive X-ray inspection with an advanced color X-ray imaging camera for light weight material inspection. (Finland)
- Zennis - Complete solution (hardware+sofware) to revolutionize the tennis playing experience - tracking and providing data about the player and ball movements and automating refereeing. (Finland)
"Startup Sauna has been nothing short of amazing,” said Sarah Yang, CEO and founder at MNE Creations, an educational gaming startup. “The coaches have helped me to realize where I've been going wrong and how to focus the company on the right priorities.”
"Within two weeks of Startup Sauna we got our first paying pilot client, got access to the biggest retailers, attracted a world class professional CTO and filed our IPR,” said Dmitry Genin, CEO and founder and Claudia Anton, COO and co-founder of NordicHug. “Startup Sauna accelerates the growth of your company and helps you to achieve great results with their amazing network of coaches and connections. NordicHug is privileged to be part of it.”
“We’re extremely excited to present this year’s selection of startups to the tech and VC community,” said Antti Ylimutka, Wingman at Startup Sauna. “We are the only accelerator in Europe trying to recreate a piece of the culture found here in Silicon Valley. Our aim is to give the most promising startups the rare opportunity to learn from the most talented entrepreneurs, investors and innovators to take their companies to the next level.”
About Startup Sauna
Startup Sauna, founded in 2010, is the open source seed accelerator that is kicking early stage startup-ass in Northern Europe, Baltics and Russia. Startup Sauna believes seed acceleration should be every great startups’ right. We push the selected startups develop to a stage where they’re ready to take over the international markets. Our coaches, who are some of the region’s most talented serial entrepreneurs, investors and other professionals, help our startups achieve this goal. To date, our early stage startups have raised over $19 million in seed funding.