Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) May 17, 2012
T.E.N., a technology and information security executive networking and relationship-marketing firm, announced that nominations have closed for the ISE® West Awards 2012. Finalists and winners of the ISE® Awards for both Executive and Project categories will be announced at the ISE® West Executive Forum and Awards Gala on August 8, 2012 at the Westin St. Francis, San Francisco.
Executives nominated for the ISE® West Award in the Executive category are defined as information security leaders who improve their organization’s risk management, data asset protection, privacy and network security efforts while proactively implementing security technology and processes. Judges evaluated these leading nominees based on the following criteria: responsibilities, aligning security with the business, leadership, future vision, applying innovation, and building technology partnerships.
- Bill Burns, Sr. Manager Networks and Information Security, Netflix
- Amy Carroll, VP, Operational Risk and Process Management, Janus Capital Group
- Jonathan Chow, CISO, NBC Universal
- Curtis Coleman, CISO, Seagate Technology
- Cris Ewell, CISO, Seattle Children's
- David Gillman, Sr. Manager of IT Security Operations and Engineering, AAA Insurance Exchange
- Munya Kanaventi, Director of Security, Sony DADC New Media Solutions
- Steven Salaets, Director of Global Security and Compliance, Rimini Street
- Becky Swain, Founding Member, Cloud Security Alliance
- James Tu, Director of Information Security, International Rectifier
The ISE® West Award in the Project category garnered an outstanding range of information security projects that were deployed and completed in the last 12-18 months and have had the greatest positive impact within their organization. Judges evaluate projects based on scope, defined goals, ability to execute and overall results achieved for the organization.
Nominees and their project titles include:
- Broadcom, Enterprise Data Loss Prevention
- Cricket, Cricket IDMS
- Denver Public Schools, Denver Public Schools Embraces Change, Enhances Agility and Enables Growth through Strategic Approach to Identity and Access Management
- Recreational Equipment Inc., Enterprise Web Content Filtering
- Seagate Technology, Factory Application Control/Whitelisting Project
- Synopsys, Corporate Security Initiative
- Tucson Electric Power, Server and Network Access Management Project
“This year we celebrate the TENth anniversary of the ISE® Programs performing an integral role in recognizing the importance of IT security professionals. They are a testimony to an industry that has grown exponentially through the outstanding practices of the people working in it,” said Marci McCarthy, CEO and President of T.E.N. Eligible nominees are selected from the U.S. western region including Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Nominations are sent to T.E.N.’s distinguished panel of ISE® judges for review and scoring. Judges have the final approval in determining whether an executive or project team is qualified to participate. Finalists and winners are not announced publicly until the evening of the awards.
The ISE® West Distinguished Panel of Judges for this year’s awards include:
- Matthew Archibald, Managing Director and CISO, Applied Materials, Inc.
- Michael Barrett, CISO, VP Information Risk Management, PayPal
- Grace Crickette, Chief Risk Officer, University of California
- Joshua Davis, Director, Information Security and Risk Management, Qualcomm
- Rich Jackson, Chief Information Protection Officer, General Manager Global Information Risk Management, Chevron Corporation
- Drew Maness, Vice President of Worldwide Content Protection and Anti-Piracy, Technicolor
- David Matthews, Deputy Chief Information Security Officer, City of Seattle
- Izak Mutlu, VP of Information Security, Salesforce.com
- Maria Shaw, VP of IT Risk Management and Compliance, McKesson
T.E.N., a national technology and security executive networking organization, facilitates peer-to-peer relationships between top executives, industry visionaries and solutions providers. Nominated for numerous industry awards, T.E.N.’s executive leadership programs enable information exchange, collaboration and decision-making. Their flagship program, the nationally acclaimed Information Security Executive® (ISE®) of the Year Program Series and Awards, is the nation’s largest leadership recognition and networking program for security professionals. Other offerings include the Software Security Assurance Summit Series and the ISE® Industry Expert Advisory Services, empowering IT solutions providers to gain access to highly credentialed IT business veterans’ expertise. For information, visit http://www.techexecnetworks.com and http://www.iseprograms.com