Warrenville, Illinois (PRWEB) May 22, 2012
Cook’s Direct, a national leader in supplying high-quality kitchen supplies and related equipment, has today released a guide for entrepreneurs and companies seeking to purchase an ice machine and accessories.
One of the most important elements in purchasing the right ice machine is to ensure that the correct size unit is selected. Cook’s Direct urges that restaurants and other food service businesses choose a machine that offers the correct yield for ice use demand within that particular business.
- Restaurant establishments require a machine capable of supplying 1.5 pounds of ice per person.
- Bars require an ice machine capable of yielding 3 pounds of ice per seat.
- Fast food restaurants/franchises require an ice machine capable of supply 12 ounces of ice per 18-24 ounce drink served (or 5/8 ounces of ice per 7-16 ounce drink served).
- Hospitality operations require a machine (or combination of machines) capable of supplying 5 pounds of ice per room per day.
- Catering operations require a machine capable of yielding 1 pound of ice per person per event.
Cook’s Direct also suggests that the size of the business operation in question be studied prior to purchasing an ice machine. For instance, in a smaller restaurant or bar, an under-counter ice machine can offer a smaller footprint with the necessary ice yield. In a fast food environment and larger restaurants, ice machine head units with an ice bin are preferred, as they can maintain a continuous supply of ice. The available space within the facility will also determine the yield capacity and unit size able to be installed.
One other important factor for businesses and owner/operators to consider is the accessibility of water connections and floor drains. To operate, any ice machine will require a direct connection to fresh water lines. For safety, these machines need to be located near floor drains, so the potential for damaging drainage is lessened.
These tips will help ensure that the correct size ice machine and/or ice bin is chosen for the application in question.
To find out more about Cook’s Direct and their high-quality foodservice equipment products, visit http://www.CooksDirect.com.
About Cook’s Direct: Cook’s Direct has learned through firsthand experience what types of foodservice equipment stand up to the daily stress found in modern kitchens and has built a reputation on providing only the highest quality equipment and supplies. Superior customer care, expert product knowledge and a 100% satisfaction guarantee are the company’s hallmarks.